Help with my website visibility please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileSam

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have built myself a website and it has been published for a few weeks now. I have put in some of the areas I cover at the bottom and tried to include certain words etc, I know it's quite basic but I think it's good. However I can never find it in google although if I type in the actual address I find it.

I have registered with a lot of free advertising sites and out my website on a lot of things so now at a loss at what to do.

How can I get myself up there?

Thanks
Sam
Xx

Hi Geeks

I have built myself a website and it has been published for a few weeks now. I have put in some of the areas I cover at the bottom and tried to include certain words etc, I know it's quite basic but I think it's good. However I can never find it in google although if I type in the actual address I find it.

I have registered with a lot of free advertising sites and out my website on a lot of things so now at a loss at what to do.

How can I get myself up there?

Thanks
Sam
Xx

Hi Sam

I'm assuming you've used a template programme to build the site? Such as vista print or wix?

The problem with using these templates is the background info is universal for everyone that uses them and won't have any specific Search Engine Optimisation words set.

You can do it, it's a case of finding out how to set the SEO's so that when you do type in to google it will start to come up.

Also, the more click ons you get via google the higher up the google rankings your sight will move. It takes a while though do ask all your friends/family to have a look and boost it up.

Kelly xxx

Kelly above is correct.

In fact VistaPrint sites can't be SEO'ed. There useless on that front. You got no hope of ranking a vista print site.

SEO is hard work and also depending on how old your site is will depend if it's even been indexed by google. This can take several weeks or you can manually submit it.

However in regards to searching for a specific phrase and hoping to come up, without a lot of work you will struggle. Depends on competition, keywords, keyword density, title tags etc.

What's your website and I'll take look and see if I can suggest anything?

You will need to wait until Google indexes the site three times before you will really see how it ranks.

Do you have a Google+ account? If you Google+ the site Google will index it more quickly.

I hope this helps?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Thanks everyone! Sorry been offline so just been able to see these. My site is www.samshomebeauty.co.uk

I used weekly. There is a part that says something about SEO but don't understand it or what to put.

I've now asked everyone to go on my site to hopefully get those up.

Oh also the site gave me a google account but I can't log onto it. So shall I make a new one? I sent an email to customer services regarding it but still waiting on a response.
When does google normally index?

Personally I think you would benefit from a professional design build.
Looking for you I can see your website has been indexed.

If your not ranking for search terms you would like its because you haven't filled in the SEO bit. But to be honest using weebly you will be always ranked below other people who have sites built for them. If you're lucky enough to have no competition on your keywords then you might get it ranked.

It will take some learning and reading on SEO.

Having one built for me Is not affordable for me right now so I need to make the best of this. Thank you for looking. I'll look at the SEO part and see what I can work out with a bit of googling for tips.

Having one built for me Is not affordable for me right now so I need to make the best of this. Thank you for looking. I'll look at the SEO part and see what I can work out with a bit of googling for tips.

What do you class as affordable? They are not that expensive at all. You will gain more clients through a custom built website and in return more money. banner penguin does them and so does the company I'm involved with www.littlebigbox.co.uk
At least you will get an idea of cost and hosting.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have a look on www.peopleperhour.com

It's a freelancers site and so you get to access lots of small businesses or start ups that are probably working from home and don't have the overheads (so much cheaper!)

There are web designers (if you want a whole new site) or alternatively you can access SEO experts.

I've used it a few times for graphic design, SEO, marketing etc and have always had good experiences.

Virtues is absolutely right. Some people are surprised at what we charge. We also do monthly payment plans so you get a site then split the cost over the following couple months :)

SEO is a funny thing. You can learn the basics but anything beyond that takes a lot of learning and practice. Bit like me saying I can paint nails but I'll never be a CND master painter.

Thanks virtues and cholo, I'll look into both of those right now! On google webmaster too.

Banner peguin I'll look you guys up too and see about pricing. I've been told it's hundreds which I can't afford but will see how accurate this person was.

Thank you xxx

I built a website with Weebly a couple of weeks ago..
You need to really watch all of the videos and tutorials as it tells you exactly how to copy the link from google webmaster into the SEO section in your website and how to differentiate your page to bump it up..
I know a couple of people who have built through Weebly and they rank pretty high up, it's just knowing what to do!
I'm not high up yet but it can take time, I've also been told not to keep going in and editing things, just leave it for a month or so and see how it goes x

Mrslim thanks. It says I've done all the training vids but I didn't see that one tho think I figured it out last night. Tonight I'll go on and check I've followed all vids and instructions and then maybe leave it a bit then. I do go in a lot!! Oops!
Thank you

Thanks everyone! Sorry been offline so just been able to see these. My site is www.samshomebeauty.co.uk

I used weekly. There is a part that says something about SEO but don't understand it or what to put.

I've now asked everyone to go on my site to hopefully get those up.

love your website:o try putting it on business cards and flyers and handing them out :) xxx

I have exactly the same problem, I created mine using Wix and although I'm really pleased with the design of it, it doesn't show up in google even when I put my business name and location!

I have to manually enter the web address to find it which isn't great but it's difficult as there's a limit to what you can afford to do when starting up a new business! Getting the SEO sorted is my next big task! :/

love your website:o try putting it on business cards and flyers and handing them out :) xxx

Thanks!!! Really nice to hear 😊 yea I have done that now, got 100 of them going out this weekend and been posting it all over Facebook so fingers crossed

Thanks xxx

I have exactly the same problem, I created mine using Wix and although I'm really pleased with the design of it, it doesn't show up in google even when I put my business name and location!

I have to manually enter the web address to find it which isn't great but it's difficult as there's a limit to what you can afford to do when starting up a new business! Getting the SEO sorted is my next big task! :/

I know, it's catch 22. No funds for a built website but then no visibility with the one I've done! Argh!! Well I'm getting onto this SEO thing too this weekend, maybe between us we will work it out! Haha!

I know, it's catch 22. No funds for a built website but then no visibility with the one I've done! Argh!! Well I'm getting onto this SEO thing too this weekend, maybe between us we will work it out! Haha!

Well I checked my site again tonight and it now comes up on the first page when I put my business name and location lol. So now I have a HUGE job get my site to come up with a more general search term! I tried putting my business on Yell.com using the free listing hoping that might help but can't even find it on there either now!

Oh well! haha :)

Looks good but it does come up with some errors for me.
There are some lines of code appearing at the top of each page. Prob just a comma in the wrong place.

Latest posts

Back