Help with my website visibility please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loulou at least your starting to show!!! Baby steps!! Haha!

Hazelb I was told to put that coding on by google webmaster. I'm so confused now :-(

Hazelb I was told to put that coding on by google webmaster. I'm so confused now :-(

That coding I see at the top is 100% not google webmaster code.
It's font coding.

Webmaster code I believer should be in the closing footer of each page.

That coding I see at the top is 100% not google webmaster code.
It's font coding.

Webmaster code I believer should be in the closing footer of each page.

That's what google webmaster posted on there in order for me to verify my site

I've just opened up the coding of your live site and managed to get rid of the coding at the top and keep the google verification. I can confirm there separate. I'm not familiar with weekly so unfortunately I can't explain on how to shift it.

Has it got a box where you have copy and pasted the code? If so copy it here and I'll take a look.

I've just opened up the coding of your live site and managed to get rid of the coding at the top and keep the google verification. I can confirm there separate. I'm not familiar with weekly so unfortunately I can't explain on how to shift it.

Has it got a box where you have copy and pasted the code? If so copy it here and I'll take a look.

Thanks for looking. Yea it did. Send you the code or picture of the page?

image.jpg

I hope this picture is attached. This is the weebly site, I had to follow the link to google webmaster then attach that coding to verify my site

Can you copy and paste the full code as well please :)

Can you copy and paste the full code as well please :)

Oops sorry!

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs28 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 <meta name="google-site-verification" content="oFLWx-VxVSqQadSZnOUbbG_qkoTx0IhapwPvNH1js1Q" />}

Oops sorry!

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs28 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 <meta name="google-site-verification" content="oFLWx-VxVSqQadSZnOUbbG_qkoTx0IhapwPvNH1js1Q" />}

Try deleting it all and using just this;

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="oFLWx-VxVSqQadSZnOUbbG_qkoTx0IhapwPvNH1js1Q" />}

Thanks! This will still show at the top of my page?

I'm a little late to this, but to be fair you could technically rank well using any kind of site platform like weebly, weekly, wix and anything else out there. But... that's only because the beauty of SEO is that you only have to be a little bit better than the next person. And because most salons and stylists aren't doing anything, even the most minimal amount of work can put you ahead.

That's not to say a custom site wouldn't perform better, because it certainly would. But with the current circumstances that exist today, a custom website is like bringing in a trained racing horse to compete against ponies. You can still have a great pony and come on top, until everyone else starts showing up with stallions :)

Lastly, more things are taken into consideration than just the design, or keywords you've crammed into the site. That's why when you search, sometimes you'll see a hideous website on the first page. Things like your social media scores (how active you are on social sites), backlinks (not as important as they used to be but still important enough), and site longevity come into play.

I'm a little late to this, but to be fair you could technically rank well using any kind of site platform like weebly, weekly, wix and anything else out there. But... that's only because the beauty of SEO is that you only have to be a little bit better than the next person. And because most salons and stylists aren't doing anything, even the most minimal amount of work can put you ahead.

That's not to say a custom site wouldn't perform better, because it certainly would. But with the current circumstances that exist today, a custom website is like bringing in a trained racing horse to compete against ponies. You can still have a great pony and come on top, until everyone else starts showing up with stallions :)

Lastly, more things are taken into consideration than just the design, or keywords you've crammed into the site. That's why when you search, sometimes you'll see a hideous website on the first page. Things like your social media scores (how active you are on social sites), backlinks (not as important as they used to be but still important enough), and site longevity come into play.

I can't work out how to do a back link :-( my social media is quiet active, have been using hootsuite to make it even better.

Back links happen through time and by providing good content. Or if a local business wants to feature you on their website.

Latest posts

Back