Help with nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teenyx

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I've got a problem with my nails, my index fingers have always grown in a kind of "stilletto" shape and curved over but now other nails have started to grow squinty!

I hope the photo works and someone can give me some advice on how to stop this :)

Well, it's the natural curve of the nail. You can't really much do about it. You can keep them short so they have no chance to grow down. Or you can let them correct them with extensions and be aware the nail technician use sculpting forms then instead of tips.

Well, it's the natural curve of the nail. You can't really much do about it. You can keep them short so they have no chance to grow down. Or you can let them correct them with extensions and be aware the nail technician use sculpting forms then instead of tips.

my ring finger has never curved to this side before though, i know that my index fingers have always curved over but my ring finger is growing almost diagonally (kinda!) and it's only in the past few weeks this has happened.

Does it look more normal after a soak in the bath? I only ask as my index finger nails sometimes almost start curving inwards and look very odd when my hands and nails are mega dehydrated but when I get out the bath or moisturise lots they straighten out. I can't quite tell from Your photo.
Try lots of moisturiser plus cuticle oilx2 daily if this could be the cause and just keep them well hydrated.
Failing that, change in diet/hormones or damage to finger maybe?

Kate x

Latest posts

Back