Help with ombre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ataylor0510

Reaction score
A client booked in tomorrow is wanting to go ombre. Her hair is below the shoulders with long layers and a longish side fringe. She currently has bleach hilights which are then toned with 10/38.
She now would like to the roots darken and some darker colour put all the way through to the ends.
I'm not very confident doing ombre (as you've probably guessed!) so any suggestions will be gratefully received :)) I am mobile and stock most wella colours, I was thinking about using maybe a base 8 or 9 as she doesn't want to go too dark but I'm a bit stuck on what technique to use??
Thank you ☺

Attachments

• 1433268042499.jpg
    1433268042499.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 69
In guessing you're not wanting to use bleach on the ends as they're already light enough? I'd apply my top colour then use conditioner on the ends to blend it all through. Section the hair down the middle then take horizontal sections paint your colour on at rhe root then take it through and blend it with the conditioner. I wouldn't recommend a high lift as in my experience they don't blend as well. :) if she wants some darker bits take every other section very small and take the brown all the way through :)

I had a similar situation the other day, however my client wanted a base 5/6 root stretch. And taken lower down the hair
I painted all over the roots like I would a normal root touch up application. I then took horizontal sections and back brushed them from mid lengths and carried the colour onto the back brushed area. I followed the same all over. But because her hair was shorter at the back section I fully painted the colour through and combed through.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1433330269.294524.jpg

Latest posts

Back