Help with prep for eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 51741

Reaction score
Hi

Just completed an eyelash extension course and have completed 3 full sets of eyelashes on my own. However am having major trouble with the gel pads under the eye! I find no matter how hard I try, the lower lashes keep popping up and get tangled with the extensions. I therefore finish my treatments having to detangle. Not loads mind you, but always a couple on the corners.
When I was on the course, the lecturer told us to use the micropore tape with the gel pads. But it just seems to really pull at the skin when removing. Has any experienced eyelash extensionererers (!) got any handy little tips for me? It is really knocking my confidence, as I don't want my clients to feel uncomfortable.
Many thanks
Jo

I find many of the gel/silicone pads slip. The only ones I find that stay in place are the marvel gel patches which are one of the cheaper brands.
When you're new this is very common so don't be disheartened. Just make sure every lash is tucked in, then while lashes after every 4 or 5 lashes gently pull the upper lid slightly and just check they are still tucked in. It's a pain but helps loads.
As time goes on you will need to check less and less.
I would consider myself an experienced lashererer and I still like to check a couple of times throughout as clients move, fidget, blink etc.

Don't worry, it gets easier :) xx

Thank you for the reply.
Those are the pads I currently use, so maybe I just need more practice. I just find that no matter how much I fiddle, the lashes just pop out. I am worried that by fiddling so much, I just make the client feel uncomfortable and their eyes then water.
I have been a Beauty Therapist for a long time, but am always doing new courses. The problem is, I hate feeling like I don't know what I am doing!
Anyway ... practice makes perfect!
Thanks again for your advise.

I use micropore tape under pads which helps (especially for clients with watery eyes) de-tac the tape first on the back of your hand then apply its helps when removing later. I find gel pads slip and cause bottom lashes to pop out, I use lint free premium no.1 shaped ones from lashbase, but tbh pads are a personal choice & there is no perfect one out there! I again re check throughout treatment to ensure no stickies.

ooo tape UNDER the pad? Ok, will give that a go. Am due to do my first in fill tomorrow on a good friend. She is a brill guinea pig and wont mind me having a play! Thanks for the advise! x

Latest posts

Back