help with ratios

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailz4lyfe

Reaction score
hi all.....i was wondering how much glitter is to be mixed with clear or natural powder in order to get the right ratio and consistency to apply to tips? i bought some craft glitter and i'm dying to use it, i'm just not sure how much of each to use.....should i use equal amounts or just play with it until i get the right amount of glitter for the desired look? any suggestions will be helpful.

im not an expert at this at all so might be the wrong person.But i normally only mix up enough for one set of nails so i normally would do about 4 scoops of clear and 1 scoop of glitter.It depends whet you are using to scoop it with i have a little one that i used to use with my backscrathers system so it is great for that hth.

it depends how "concentrated" u want your glitter to be... if you want a very sporadic result then use one scoop glitter and 4-5 scoops of clear powder, If u want a more concentrated result then just add more scoops of glitter :)

thanks guys.....the main reason i was asking was that i know that glitter can have a tendency to be a little heavy if too much is used, and although i probably would have gotten near the result i wanted with the color of the glitter used, i was afraid i could make the nails off-balance.....but thanks again, i so appreciate it

I usually use the ratio of 2-1.
2 powder to 1 glitter
This will allow for a good intensity of glitter and workability.
Too much glitter would create a weak enhancement.

Don't forget to work thin and to cap your glitter with a layer of clear. This will protect the glitter whilst filing & buffing.
Hope this helps

Thanks for that was just wondering this myself. I have yet to try glitter also was wondering what measure scoop should I be using.

If your going by the ratio 2-1 then the object you use to measure is upto you.
I either use the end of my cuticle pusher or a tip. Some people use a tea spoon. It all depends on how much mix you want to use.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back