Help with scalp bleach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bella93xox

Reaction score
hi geeks, I just wanted to know what level developer you use with a scalp bleach as I haven't done one before! I have a client with root base 6 and ends 9 wanting platinum with a violet root. Was going to scalp bleach first then pull through to the ends. Rinse, tone out yellow then apply 8.69 illumina with pastel just to the roots for the voilet. Will be using olaplex throughout, so would have to up the developer to 9% for the roots but sounds scary? Help please lol x

Yes I would use 9% ! Because also you haven't got the foil wrapped around it to keep it warm so 6% would not lift light enough x

If you are using Wella bleach they only recommend ,6% on scalp application. You can keep heat on roots by using a plastic cap (when I say heat I mean from the body not added heat), it will lift but will take longer yet keep the integrity of the hair. Are the roots virgin hair or do they have colour on? Some brands do allow for 9% or even 12% on scalp (I find 12% very scary with lightener). Good luck x

I don't normally go higher than a 6% on the scalp. With a good quality lightener, you shouldn't need to. Anything higher is likely to cause irritation.

The new Olaplex mixing directions are to use half the amounts and do not bump up the developer. You'll probably be using 1.875ml instead of 3.75ml.

I've always used 30vol on darker than a level 5 :) anything below I use 20vol

Thanks everyone! Is there anything I need to apply to the scalp to protect the skin or can I just apply the bleach straight on? X

Latest posts

Back