Help with Shellac and foiling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty geek 84

Reaction score
Hiya peeps,

Well I tried my new foils I purchased from naildelights last night and im not happy! I was sooo excited to try them.

I did as fingernail fixer said apply after 2nd colour coat after curing into sticky later but it wouldnt come off as a whole piece onto the nail. I tried tapping it on and lifting off and on but it just came off in random bits.

Does anybody have any alternative methods for shellac?

Thanks

This is what is meant to happen. It gives you a foil finish crackle effect x

Do you mean the transfer type foil or the gold leaf type?
If you mean the transfer type then it's better in one bit not as a crackle, crazy paving type ,

Some tips ,
Lay the foil and backing on to the nail

Use a lint free wipe to smooth (same directions as I do minx ) down center and toword side walls .

Then peel off at a 30 / 40 • angle (close to the nail ) think like a plaster / bandaid , or banana .
Keep it close ,

I find it hard to get the whole nail to cover in one go, the foil slides
around on the sticky layer if you rub it on to much.

I find if im doing a plain colour foil to dab it on the nail till as much as posible has stuck then apply clearly pink cure for 2 mins then do again and you get full cover i will try upload a puc later to show you one ive done x

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325327322.144146.jpg
Some I did x

It is the foil that comes in a long roll I got it from nail delights. When I watched the tutorial on their website, granted it was done with the foil glue not shellac but I thought the same principle would apply for a full nail foil.

Im frustrated.com!

I could see the bits that did came off looked stunning, better than some minx I thought. Was hoping I would b able to push this instead of minx cos its less farsicle! And better profit margin :lol:

I just found the sticky layer stuck to the transfer then you couldnt go back over the same bit even if there was some foil still on it cos the sticky wouldnt let it! Hope that makes sense!

I found that the sticky layer came off to start, but found a way round it. I was leaving the foil in contact with the sticky layer for too long. Now I literally push on and pull off in a second. Obviously you can't do this is your trying to smooth it on for a full nail effect though. hth

Latest posts

Back