Help with toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hol1990

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a new client who is around a base 5 box dye which she has left to grow out for a couple of months this is now very warm. She now wants highlights through to break it up around the same base of her natural colour which is a base 8.
I have taken a test piece and used 6% with blondor, I left it on around 35mins.
Can anyone recommend a toner to tone down the warmth please? Would it help by leaving the blondor on for a little bit longer?

Thanks

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 149
You could use colour touch 8/81 with 1.9% or even kolesten perfect 8/69 with pastel?if still wanting on line of a 8?x

Looking at it tho I'd prob use illumina 7/81 and pastel as looks fairly dark still x

Thank you, love the look of the illumina toners. Never really worked with illumina, I take it you use it the same way as koleston?

Same ratios as koleston, yes. Be aware they are a lot cooler than koleston though - great for tones like what you are dealing with though!

I'd do 7/81 and 8/69 equal parts to tone that xx

Thanks, just wondered do any of you put conditioner on before you tone?When I recently did some training with wella they said too. Does conditioning make a difference at all?

Use anti oxidant before you tone (service conditioner from wella is one)

This will remove all the oxidants from the previous treatment and even out porosity before you apply your toner xx then use it again once you have removed the toner to stop oxidisation x

Latest posts

Back