Help with toning please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xx-melo-xX

Reaction score
Hi all this is my first post so I hope I do it right!

Next week I will be doing a ladies hair (natural hair is 4 base) who wants an all over root touch up with bleach on scalp with t section foils to break up the colour. I'm going to be using blondme bleach on scalp and majirel high lift in HL ash for t section.
After the process I am aware the bleached hair may (probably will) need toning. It's been quite a few years since I've used a toner but what I'm wondering is if I use (for example) kp 10/16 with pastel all over the hair what effect will it have on the HL ash that was in the foils ? Thank-you in advance x

Bleach on scalp and t section of highlift? What is the mid lengths and ends currently at?

She's always had her hair bleach blonde although a few darker strands underneath the hair I could see today when I looked at her hair (she's just moved to my area) I'd say a mix of 9 and 10 levels with a bit of warmth there from previous applications.
She was very specific with what she wants ,asked for bleach on scalp for her roots (1 inch regrowth) and with some ash blonde through the top. I thought with the t section I would apply the hl ash just to the roots and towards the end of processing time go over the mids and ends to create the same tone.
By all means though if you have better suggestions I'm all for it ☺
Thank-you x

But if shes a natural base 4 you wont achieve 'ash blonde' with a highlift? X

I would have thought you'd have to lighten her roots with the bleach, rinse, blowdry then go in with low lights of an ash blonde and separate toner inbetween?

Thankyou for the advice, what colour would you recommend for the t section if I was to do it that way? I don't stick to one colour house so am open to suggestions :)

I don't know how to correct this without sounding harsh, I don't think you should be doing this colour sorry

I have to agree, this colour application just doesn't sound right. High lift on a level 4 is going to be super brassy, and any overlap onto previously lightened hair is going to grab an ash tone. I know a client can be very "specific". But all you have to say is that you are going to use a different technique to achieve a similar result which will ultimately maintain the integrity of the hair better. I agree with Rachul, bleach it first then tone using different colours.

Latest posts

Back