Help with training costs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xbeautyx

Reaction score
Is there anything out there that help people pay for training courses in the beauty industry apart from courses at colleges?
I've been fully qualified for over 11 years, but took three and half years out to have my first child. I've been doing mobile beauty and renting a room in a beauty salon. Now im back in the swings of everything and have rebuilt a nice client base, although this is relatively small as i am part time, i want to start working more and get myself on some current training course like hdbrows, lvl training. I feel quite behind with the times and the clients i spoke to all tell me they would come to me if i did these treatments as they go else where etc. I know i can't take this for gospel but i do feel like i am holding myself back as i can't afford to shell out for training and none offer a monthly payment plan to get myself going. I've tried to get a loan but as i have only 18months worth of books i got told they wanted three years worth of proof of income by my bank. Same goes for a credit card, can't seem to get accepted for one that has a decent rate!
Sorry for rambling but other than saving for another year i dont know where else i can turn. If anyone has heard of any help out there id really appreciate hearing from you!

You could look at doing just as good a course but a tad cheaper. Flirties do precision brows and Flirties curve just the same idea of treatments and a lot cheaper and till midnight Tuesday vat free on training courses using the code PROBMAN16 [emoji106][emoji106]

Is there anything out there that help people pay for training courses in the beauty industry apart from courses at colleges?
I've been fully qualified for over 11 years, but took three and half years out to have my first child. I've been doing mobile beauty and renting a room in a beauty salon. Now im back in the swings of everything and have rebuilt a nice client base, although this is relatively small as i am part time, i want to start working more and get myself on some current training course like hdbrows, lvl training. I feel quite behind with the times and the clients i spoke to all tell me they would come to me if i did these treatments as they go else where etc. I know i can't take this for gospel but i do feel like i am holding myself back as i can't afford to shell out for training and none offer a monthly payment plan to get myself going. I've tried to get a loan but as i have only 18months worth of books i got told they wanted three years worth of proof of income by my bank. Same goes for a credit card, can't seem to get accepted for one that has a decent rate!
Sorry for rambling but other than saving for another year i dont know where else i can turn. If anyone has heard of any help out there id really appreciate hearing from you!

How about:
https://www.princes-trust.org.uk
https://www.startupdirect.org

My advice would be to train in one thing you love doing and totally perfect it - hope this helps :)

I have been interested in HD Brows training for years and been put off because of how expensive it is but I spoke to them recently and found out that you can pay a deposit of £500 when you book your course date and you then have up to 2weeks before your causer date to pay the remaining balance off. Now that I can spread the cost I'm going to book to train with them next year and this will give me some time to get it paid off too [emoji3]
Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back