Help with training please???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barkson

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have just joined this site today for help and advice in getting started in the beauty business, there are some great threads and great responses so I am really looking forward to using the forum.

I am only just starting out in the beauty world. I am hoping to start mobile beauty in the future and have looked into a range of options and would be grateful for any advice people have....

I was firstly looking into doing NVQ Level 2 part time on an evening at college to learn all the basics, I know people who have done this course and really enjoyed it.

Then I have found some training courses that can be done in a salon (eg Spray Tanning, Nail Extensions, Waxing) - on these courses you gain a certificate on completion and get all the equiptment to get started.

After seeing the latter form of training I thought this sounds the best option for me to get started straight away. I was thinking of doing Spray Tanning and Nail Extensions for now and just do those 2 treatments and hopefully soon earn enough money to do further specific training and NVQ qualifications.

I would like to know peoples advice on if its best to do NVQ straight away?

Thanks.

I would say yes spray tanning and nail enhancement do go quite well together but do a good search on here to get the right training for nail enhancements as it is the most involved and hardest of any of the industry to learn and perfect and if you dont get it right first time you do just go on spending money.
Waxing is easier to pick up but again you need good training as its a very competitive industry now and if you can use hot and strip wax and can do intimate and male waxing you will be more in demand.
The right training at college nowadays depends more on the teacher than the course and if you only ever want to be mobile you may be better going the private route on recommendation unless you know the teaching is good.
Whatever training you do make sure the courses atre accredited so you will be insured.

Last edited:
Thank you for your help! I've been looking into more courses now and just want to get started. Can't wait to be qualified!

Will make sure I sort all things with insurance, etc and I'm booked on a course for book-keeping.

Thanks again.x

Latest posts

Back