Help with wefts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynne Thomson

Locks Deluxe
Reaction score
hi all, hope you are well.

I am currently in the process of returning to my business after a verrrrryyyy long maternity leave.

I've been through all the threads, before and afters (omg some of you girls are slaying it with your work) and have sent messages to a few fellow extensionists local and far flung asking for advice ect and trialed out hair from various suppliers but feel like I'm back at square one again!

I had decided on transform, Angel remy and Fabulong, to To offer a variety of hair, colour options and to make sure I have covered all bases.

I bought the Mongolian/Indian mixed weft from transform and found the ends to be quite thin but plenty cutting space to solve this, when I got it installed I thought the quality was really good and was quite happy I'd made the right choice. However After a week and the first wash with all sulphate/paraban free shampoo and conditioner and leave in conditioning treatment and daily argan oil I found it to dry out quite quickly. I'm now on my 5th week and it's matting terribly at the back (like I've back combed it) but the rest of the hair is still silky soft? I don't know if it's something I'm doing, not doing or the hair itself?

I'm now torn weather to try trasform again and get the Mongolian weft (you all say amazing things) or go with Fabulong or Remi cachet?

I want to have this trailed out on myself again as I need to get this hair out ASAP and something new fitted and I want to make sure I'm 100% happy before I offer it to paying clients?

Sorry for the really long winded message but any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Fabulong isn't that great really. I installed a weft on my sister to try and it was matting from the get go. Most people on here say the same.

I love transform indivuals (nano, bonds and itips) but I also found my transform Mongolian weft was one of the knottiest I've had. Such a shame because love their other hair and colour range

I love transform indivuals (nano, bonds and itips) but I also found my transform Mongolian weft was one of the knottiest I've had. Such a shame because love their other hair and colour range

I found the samples from Fabulong (they sent so many ) to be amazing aswell. That's a shame if they aren't very good, I had saw last night aswell is it Hollie posted a fitting of Fabulong last night and it was unreal

but there does seems to be a big difference in the individuals to the wefts across the board?

What would you reccomend?

Angel remy were my main supplier before but I was having a few issues b4 I finished up, and it's put me off using them again and the fact they always seem to be out of stock and the wefts shed hair crazy amounts (although I've saw weft sealers now so this could help?)

I'm going on holiday, so need something fast so any help greatly appreciated x

I found the samples from Fabulong (they sent so many ) to be amazing aswell. That's a shame if they aren't very good, I had saw last night aswell is it Hollie posted a fitting of Fabulong last night and it was unreal

but there does seems to be a big difference in the individuals to the wefts across the board?

Angel remy were my main supplier before but I was having a few issues b4 I finished up, and it's put me off using them again and the fact they always seem to be out of stock and the wefts shed hair crazy amounts (although I've saw weft sealers now so this could help?)

Yeah i think the dark colours are okay in fabulong its just the light.

I'm usually #2 so not sure if I should give them a try them, try the Mongolian transform or try The Remi cachet supersede?

I'm usually #2 so not sure if I should give them a try them, try the Mongolian transform or try The Remi cachet supersede?
I've used quite a few fabulong wefts including blondes and they all seem lovely!

I've used quite a few fabulong wefts including blondes and they all seem lovely!

Would you pick fabulong over the rest of the brands?

Angel remy
Remi cachet
Transform

I can't decide as for every good review there are negative lol, feeling overwhelmed :(

Would you pick fabulong over the rest of the brands?

Angel remy
Remi cachet
Transform

I can't decide as for every good review there are negative lol, feeling overwhelmed :(

There'll be negatives with every brand!

I'd recommend trying them all out on yourself.

There'll be negatives with every brand!

I'd recommend trying them all out on yourself.

I have tried the samples of most brands I got but unfortunately they don't all give weft supply's and that's my most popular method :(

I've tried Angel remy and transform mixed now on myself but if I have to keep buying them all to fit in myself it will cost me a fortune :(

Was just looking to see if anyone regularly uses one of the brands for the wefts so I can try another one on myself just now as I need to replace what I have in at present which has only lasted 5weeks.

Thanks x

I have tried the samples of most brands I got but unfortunately they don't all give weft supply's and that's my most popular method :(

I've tried Angel remy and transform mixed now on myself but if I have to keep buying them all to fit in myself it will cost me a fortune :(

Was just looking to see if anyone regularly uses one of the brands for the wefts so I can try another one on myself just now as I need to replace what I have in at present which has only lasted 5weeks.

Thanks x
I'm wearing the mix weft from transform and it needs a lot of oil on the underneath sections which I can cope with but wouldn't use it on clients due to this however i do use their pure Mongolian wefts on clients and never have issues .. I also use remi cachet the hair quality is amazing and lasts the time they say it should .. I have a few clients with newu wefts in too no issues with these although the price point is higher x

I'm wearing the mix weft from transform and it needs a lot of oil on the underneath sections which I can cope with but wouldn't use it on clients due to this however i do use their pure Mongolian wefts on clients and never have issues .. I also use remi cachet the hair quality is amazing and lasts the time they say it should .. I have a few clients with newu wefts in too no issues with these although the price point is higher x

Thank tou so much

I've found the same thing, using oil X2 a day at least just to keep it manageable, but I defo would t use it on clients.

I've got my trade account set up with NewU and it does look amazing might just treat myself this time and use them as my luxury range?

Thanks again for your help x

Thank tou so much

I've found the same thing, using oil X2 a day at least just to keep it manageable, but I defo would t use it on clients.

I've got my trade account set up with NewU and it does look amazing might just treat myself this time and use them as my luxury range?

Thanks again for your help x
Just out of interest what colour weft are you wearing ?

i've had loads of Fabulong wefts and never had a problem with them :) tried out fabulongs new range and the hair is incredible
image.jpeg

That client usually gets a new set every 8ish months with the standard Fabulong hair but it could definitely be used for a few more months! So this hair should last her ages!

Also just started using Remi cachet I have the super wet in and the hair is lovely no problems with it so far :)

I have the #2 in at the moment x
Me too I have two friends with different colours in and they are beautiful seems a coincidence we bothe have the same colour and this is happening I may drop Naomi a message x

i've had loads of Fabulong wefts and never had a problem with them :) tried out fabulongs new range and the hair is incredible
View attachment 198864
That client usually gets a new set every 8ish months with the standard Fabulong hair but it could definitely be used for a few more months! So this hair should last her ages!

Also just started using Remi cachet I have the super wet in and the hair is lovely no problems with it so far :)

Hi Hollie, thank you for your post :)

I've been following you on here and Instagram and your work is amazing <3

I actually sent the picture you posted to Rosie at Fabulong this morning to ask about the new range and it looks amazing!

It's the remy cachet super weft I was looking at getting, so between them and Fabulong no I think. Just need to make a decision now!

Thanks so much x

Me too I have two friends with different colours in and they are beautiful seems a coincidence we bothe have the same colour and this is happening I may drop Naomi a message x

I seem to be having a nightmare at the moment with #2 that's been 2 Angel remy weft (one in myself and one in a friend) this trasform weft and a beauty works weft also that's all matted at the back :(

Yeah if you want to drop her a message, let me know what she says? X

Is your weft the Mongolian mix or the pure Mongolian x

Latest posts

Back