Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandy32

Reaction score
hey can anyone help me out with were to buy a machine to put in they little coloured hair extension things im starting to do kids pamper partys and think thees would be better and longer lasting than just coloured sparay for the kids any advice would be good thats if anyone knows what im talking about lol :lol:

Iff you are talking about the glue gun thing (I don't do ext so don't know proper name) then u will need to train In it first as 1. You won't know how to use it and 2. You won't be covered by your insurance. As you could burn someone damage their property with it or even cause baldness by not applying it properly.

I would look into getting clip in ones as children will tend to mess with extensions and the worst they can do to clipin is pull the clip out (also they can be removed before bed and used for specail occassions), however with bonded ones they can pull their hair out too!!!

Iff you are talking about the glue gun thing (I don't do ext so don't know proper name) then u will need to train In it first as 1. You won't know how to use it and 2. You won't be covered by your insurance. As you could burn someone damage their property with it or even cause baldness by not applying it properly.
no its not a glue gun its kind a like straighteners it just heats them into place its just small strands to give the hair a wee colour usually just 1 ir 2 go in the hair not real hair extensions little funky coloured strips its synthetic or something:lol:

Hiya,

I think this is what you're looking for

Babyliss Colourlights - Babyliss beauty products Babyliss Colourlights

Although I think for kids you should go with the clip-ins. This comes with pieces of coloured hair with a gluey/waxy tip, you place the gluey/waxy tip on the hair and melt it in with the tool. They stay in for a few weeks (but can be removed earlier by dissolving the tip) and so might not be very good for school etc? I can't imagine many parents would want their children to have coloured pieces in their hair for that long.

Hiya,

I think this is what you're looking for

Babyliss Colourlights - Babyliss beauty products Babyliss Colourlights

Although I think for kids you should go with the clip-ins. This comes with pieces of coloured hair with a gluey/waxy tip, you place the gluey/waxy tip on the hair and melt it in with the tool. They stay in for a few weeks (but can be removed earlier by dissolving the tip) and so might not be very good for school etc? I can't imagine many parents would want their children to have coloured pieces in their hair for that long.

I have seen kids hair ruined with this kit. It attaches to the hair using the same bonding technique you would use in a salon. This should be not attempted without any extension training. It is also an OTC product, which we don't recommend on here.

Have you of plaiting coloured ribbons or string in the kids hair? Much easier to remove and safer.

Latest posts

Back