Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair2Beauty

Reaction score
Im not sure if anyone has any advice to give on this...
I have a member of staff that i think maybe taking things from my Salon,i have no physical proof of this but i have been watching & checking for months and things are disapearing revolving around this person.
Im not sure how best to deal with this with no real evidence apart from my word against hers?:irked:

Could you introduce bag checks for all the staff?

do random bag checks. If its not already in your contract, then redo your contract with this in it and make your staff re-sign.

Then just do random bag checks for all your staff! Either that or put cctv in the area of the missing items and put up a sign. It will hopefully deter her if anything else.

Also if you are doing random bag checks and its money thats going missing, then mark all the notes and get someone to verify this. Then if shes caught with the money you can sack her there and then for gross misconduct.

Hope this helps

kate

Thanks for the tips,i only have one therapist in at a time at the moment so i would feel like i was accusing her if i asked to check her bag and it would be sod's law the one time i checked she wouldnt have anything!
I think i may consider the cctv though...Thanks!

Just make sure its obvious. Also you legally have to put up a sign to say that the staff/clients are being filmed.

Covert spying has a lot of legalities attached to it but I know the laws with normal cctv use is to tell everyone they are being filmed!

You can pick up decent systems for a couple of hundred pounds and if it stops her stealing then at least you dont have to face her.

Good Luck!!

Kate

Oh great,that information is really helpful - Thanks a lot

I wouldnt mind confronting her if i had proof,which now hopefully ill be able to get or at least stop her doing it...:eek:

Latest posts

Back