Henna?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luxury Beauty

Reaction score
i have always used henna for body art etc my whole life but i knew i wasnt insured for it so i did a quick course to get me insured by babtac.

however i make my own henna paste etc and babtac said im insured for that but if i want to sell on my products then babtac wont cover me for it!!

i was refered to a company called baylands or something.

i am curious does anyone else have insurance for their products? any companies you could recommend and how much approx are they?

Hmm, interesting question! To be honest, I've never heard of companies offering insurance with their products, e.g. henna.

I do a lot of body painting, for which I have public liability insurance, and use brands such as Kryolan, Grimas, Snazaroo, etc, which have "CE" marking and have been certified for use on the skin.

One website where I've bought henna from in the past is Henna Boy Ltd - Henna, Indigo, Amla, Cassia, Body Art Supplier. Buy online and book us for your party! - they do say that their products are quality guaranteed and do not contain any nasties like PPD (para-phenylenediamine, a.k.a. "black henna") - although I can't see anything to say that they offer insurance - nevertheless it might be worth asking them.

Just out of interest, do you get much call for henna art, and what sort of stuff do you do?

Ruth :)

yeh i have ordered from henna boy before and have never had a problem with it so far but if i mix it and then sell it on, unfortunately i am not covered!!!

i tend to do alot of asian/indian/arab wedding stuff just mainly on the hands and feet as it is a cultural thing. my basic rate is £70 per hour but then again sometimes i have just charged £150-200 for an evening of henna which includes doing henna on the bride plus guests - sometimes you can have loads of guests!!

i think in areas such as big cities there are always demands for it but your portfolio speaks for yourself. im sure if you search around you can see who is the nearest artist to you.

xx

Latest posts

Back