Herringbone technique?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vikirud

Reaction score
I watched a video on YouTube by the hair doo chick where she used a clay lightener for highlights using a herringbone sectioning technique. I'd like to give it a go but was wondering if I should balayage the underneath section before I section off the rectangle for the herringbone for a lighter effect of that makes sense.
Anyone tried it and have any tips?

Just watched this. Looked fab! Going to have to get dolly out to play me thinks!

I tried this a while ago on a block... Wasn't all that wowed.

I did this technique on a client! We couldn't really tell what difference it made!! I like @cams97 said wasn't that impressed

I did this technique on a client! We couldn't really tell what difference it made!! I like @cams97 said wasn't that impressed

I feel like it just looks fancy when processing.

Only other thing i can think of is that it'll be much more forgiving to those who aren't that competent with balayage.

It did look simpler than a full head balayage. I wondered if it might be useful if you were under time constraints.

It did look simpler than a full head balayage. I wondered if it might be useful if you were under time constraints.

But if you do that alone you're still going to have darker underneath...

In her video she said she'd done some to show you the underneath being coloured. Or something along those lines.

But if you do that alone you're still going to have darker underneath...
I'm wondering if it being darker underneath is deliberate. After all when your hair is lightened naturally by the sun the underside remains a dark colour.

I think I might play around with it. I've used all my dollies so might find a willing victim...model, I mean model ;)

Latest posts

Back