Hey, to all of the mobile nail techs...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail-chick

Reaction score
i'm from the US and am just curious.
why are mobile techs so popular? we rarely find anyone who does that here. everyone seems to work out of a salon.
it must be very challenging, yet exciting being out of a stuffy building all day!

thanks,
kathleen
My Nails Rock!

i'm from the US and am just curious.
why are mobile techs so popular? we rarely find anyone who does that here. everyone seems to work out of a salon.
it must be very challenging, yet exciting being out of a stuffy building all day!

thanks,
kathleen
My Nails Rock!
I think its quite popular as it suits people that aren't as mobile ie dont drive plus public transport sucks in the UK so if you aint got a car getting to a salon isn't that easy.

Plus the client doesn't have to worry about travelling so if they have a hetic lifestyle then they are same precious time

Also some people prefer the intimacy of a service within their home, these are a few of my thoughts as to why

im a mobile tech cos the hours suit my lifestyle... i have two young daughters and being mobile means im able to choose when to work and who to work.. its all about being flexible....

i am looking to working from home soon.... but im still trying to build up a good client base and also need to decide where in my house that im able to carry out my services...

I like being mobile - I'm out and about all day, I get to know my clients in their own home often meeting partners/children/pets and I get my drinks made for me! Downsides are going out when it's dark/cold/wet, getting stuck in traffic....

But for me the upsides outweigh the downsides. In the summer when I was gallivanting around in my convertible with the roof down it didn't feel like work I can tell you!! :)

hiya
wel done for starting your own mobile business! i was just interested to know if you had any ideas for advertising, as im in the middle of starting my own beauty mobile business. It seems to be quite hard to get a good client base going! any advice would be gratefully received
thanks

hiya
welldone for having your own mobile business! is it just nails or lots of other aspects that you do. Im after any advice that you may have about advertising as im just starting my own mobile beauty business myself and im finding it very hard to get a good client base. any advice would be gratefully received. do you manage to fill your whole week with clients or just on a part time basis.
well done on your achievements!!

hiya
welldone for having your own mobile business! is it just nails or lots of other aspects that you do. Im after any advice that you may have about advertising as im just starting my own mobile beauty business myself and im finding it very hard to get a good client base. any advice would be gratefully received. do you manage to fill your whole week with clients or just on a part time basis.
well done on your achievements!!

I'm nails only, and tbh it's been hard building a client base & I'm not completely there yet! On average I do about 20 clients a week, but over the last month that's been lower - between 10 and 15.....

You have to spend on advertising to get any clients. I am in Yellow Pages with a large boxed ad, I've got a paid for listing on Yell.com, I advertise in the local paper once a month, I offer a discounted service for clients that bring me a referral..... I've wasted plenty of money advertising too - ufindus.com, Thomson Local, and leaflet dropping were all a waste of time and money.

Make yourself look as professional as possible, differentiate yourself from the competition..... Sassy Hassy has written a guide to advertising your business, I'll find it and add it in here.

Good luck, stick with it and you'll get there!

hth's

Mobile work has its pros and cons like anything but for me the hours suit having a young family etc, I love getting out and meeting different people and alot of times you're going to those who can't get to a salon and thats a real bonus because you can see how much it means to them and appreciate it.
The big downside for me is lugging ALOT of equipment round and setting up and down plus if anyone lives above ground floor that can be a hassle!!

Iv been mobile for a few years now and Im really fed up with it!!

Travelling really does me head in, and the dark nights are making me suicidal (exaggeration lol)

Its ok when Im there but getting to all these houses is getting to me now.

Latest posts

Back