Hi Brow or HD brow? That's the question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys how long do you leave the hi brown tint in the eyebrow for?

Hi guys how long do you leave the hi brown tint in the eyebrow for?

You will leave the tint on the skin depending on how you want the outcome,, the less developer and the longer you leave the tint will determine the colour left.
I would recommend 3-8 minutes as a rough guide x x

Hi I've decided to do the hi brow course as its local to me and the products look really fab. Apart from the extra £500 I would have to either travel 8 hours over the 2 days or pay for hotel overnight so in the end it's a lot more than 500 extra as hd is so far away from me.

The only problem I have which I would like advice about if possible is I am a beginner in this and you can't do the hi brow course without already having a certificate for tinting. I was wondering if anyone knows any ok and cheap tinting courses I could do so I can get on the hi brow course? I heard capital is rubbish but does anyone know if its eyebrow definition course is good enough for the basic knowledge?

Xxx

Why don't you do billion dollar brows :) gorgeous, can't wait for my training xx

Hi I've decided to do the hi brow course as its local to me and the products look really fab. Apart from the extra £500 I would have to either travel 8 hours over the 2 days or pay for hotel overnight so in the end it's a lot more than 500 extra as hd is so far away from me.

The only problem I have which I would like advice about if possible is I am a beginner in this and you can't do the hi brow course without already having a certificate for tinting. I was wondering if anyone knows any ok and cheap tinting courses I could do so I can get on the hi brow course? I heard capital is rubbish but does anyone know if its eyebrow definition course is good enough for the basic knowledge?

Xxx

Hi! I've just done the Capital course for eyebrow definition today, and found it absolutely fab! I feel totally ready to work on clients now, and can't wait to get started! Plus I have a fab set of brows now to help me promote to existing clients :)

I should add that I had no previous experience of waxing, tinting or threading (but had read up loads), so all my previous reading up came into force today and I found it came quite naturally x

Hi! I've just done the Capital course for eyebrow definition today, and found it absolutely fab! I feel totally ready to work on clients now, and can't wait to get started! Plus I have a fab set of brows now to help me promote to existing clients :)

Fantastic thanks so much for the reply I will book that this week then can't wait :) xxx

Fantastic thanks so much for the reply I will book that this week then can't wait :) xxx

I had really wanted to do HD but just couldn't afford it. But I learned the tinting, waxing, plucking, trimming, threading and styling...so it's all that I would want from an eyebrow treatment, without the HD price tag. I'm delighted with my brows and the girl I did a set on looked stunning. So I feel this course was perfect for me, without having to pay a crazy price for it. If I'm happy with my brows, it doesn't matter that they're not HD. I love them! :) x

I had really wanted to do HD but just couldn't afford it. But I learned the tinting, waxing, plucking, trimming, threading and styling...so it's all that I would want from an eyebrow treatment, without the HD price tag. I'm delighted with my brows and the girl I did a set on looked stunning. So I feel this course was perfect for me, without having to pay a crazy price for it. If I'm happy with my brows, it doesn't matter that they're not HD. I love them! :) x

Thats good to hear it was worth training in def way cheaper than HD

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm doing my Hi Brow training next Wednesday and I can't wait! I too was torn between HD and Hi Brow what made my mind up is that I have worked with lash perfect products and the eyelash design company for 5 years they have never let me down yet. I think they a both great products but in the end I went with what I know.

Every time I make a final decision something comes along and makes me question it.

I have been debating over HD brows for 18 months.

Yes you are paying for the brand because the brand is what people know and love but that's what people search for online etc

If the brows have been done too dark then that is most definitely down to the therapist.

With Hi Brows are all the products branded as such?

My one bug bear besides the price tag is that I love the current tint brand I use, Refectocil, I dont want to give it up!

Zooks, why don't you try Billion Dollar Brows as you can use your tint you love and the price of the course isn't expensive. If you want info I can email you about it. X

:lol:Hi MISS JESS
Can I ask where you did your 7 steps course .
Thanks

Hi hun could you send me some info on billion dollar brows please? I saw one of your posts about sending info xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek

I've been looking into brow courses for months, always wanted to do HD's but for the price, there are too many other salons in my area offering them already, so have decided to do Billion Dollar Brows! The training is £399+vat (499), about £750 cheaper than HD, they have an offer on where a second therapist is £150! So I'm doing the course with a friend and paying £330 each! The marketing looks great and I've asked my clients if they would try it or prefer HD as its well known- nearly all of them said they would definitely have the BDB's :) They have training venues in Herts & Glasgow at the minute!

So frustrated looking at brow threads and changing my mind like the wind. I thought I had decided on HD. I think I still have as it is the name that pulls in new clients I guess and when you already have a good well retained client base I guess new clients are exactly what you need!

I was nearly seduced by BDB but again it is just the brand....

Thinking outloud more than anything.

So frustrated looking at brow threads and changing my mind like the wind. I thought I had decided on HD. I think I still have as it is the name that pulls in new clients I guess and when you already have a good well retained client base I guess new clients are exactly what you need!

I was nearly seduced by BDB but again it is just the brand....

Thinking outloud more than anything.

I'm interested in BDB, as I've actually had HD Brows and was less than impressed. Ended up with burns on my skin that scabbed up for a couple of weeks. Needless to say, I did not go back.

Personally, the HD Brows I have seen look like they have been stuck on and don't look natural at all, but maybe that's what the clients have been after.

The branding for HD Brows is superb, however, I don't think the finish lives up to the brand - I've seen way too many wonky uneven brows.

I've had threading / waxing / trimming combination at a home salon for a fiver and the result was amazing. But I researched and fell in love with the idea of HD Brows. My therapist was lovely, just didn't fulfil expectations. Live and learn.

I'm interested in BDB, as I've actually had HD Brows and was less than impressed. Ended up with burns on my skin that scabbed up for a couple of weeks. Needless to say, I did not go back.

Personally, the HD Brows I have seen look like they have been stuck on and don't look natural at all, but maybe that's what the clients have been after.

The branding for HD Brows is superb, however, I don't think the finish lives up to the brand - I've seen way too many wonky uneven brows.

I've had threading / waxing / trimming combination at a home salon for a fiver and the result was amazing. But I researched and fell in love with the idea of HD Brows. My therapist was lovely, just didn't fulfil expectations. Live and learn.
Burns from waxing? :-0

Forgive me for being a bit ignorant, but isn't HD Brows a treatment to grow and shape the brows you want over a period of time,hence brow beater, pencils and brow powder kit etc, rather than Hi Brow and BDB an instant shape/tidy up? :) x

Forgive me for being a bit ignorant, but isn't HD Brows a treatment to grow and shape the brows you want over a period of time,hence brow beater, pencils and brow powder kit etc, rather than Hi Brow and BDB an instant shape/tidy up? :) x

Don't know about HiBrow but for sure BDB is also to grow and shape the brows you want over time :) x

Don't know about HiBrow but for sure BDB is also to grow and shape the brows you want over time :) x

Here is a picture (sorry its not a great one!!) of my BDB stand with all the treatment and retail products for shaping and maintenance xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372705120.469486.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372705120.469486.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 257

Latest posts

Back