Hi hairgeeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooey

Reaction score
Just wondering, when you go to get highlights and lowlites (like, every time) do you put blonde over the existing brown so that it goes a funny orange colour or do you put the highlights and lowites in the same place everytime? I have been having problems with orangey bits recently where my hair dresser has been going over the brown with blonde... just wondering what you do? I used to have a hairdresser that did it and I never had orangey bits! Just wondered whats going wrong now? Do I need to change hairdresser? Thanks for any advice xx

I put them in the same place everytime and only touch the roots.

If she does need to go over any brown colour, ( say from having bleach and brown colours then changing to only bleach) then I would put a toner on the "orangey bits" :) but normally when using the right strength peroxide I dont normally need it

Louise xxx

Thanks Louise :)

I hate complaining so I doubt I will but I'm going out tonight.. I've got some blue shampoo in my cupboard do you think this will help? Or maybe camouflage it with dry shampoo?! Lol xx

If you don't want to complain, if you go back maybe just say I've noticed some orange shades is there anything I can help to stop this lol

And yeah the blue shampoo will be fine to tone it off xx

Thanks that's a really good idea! Xx

careful with the 'blue' shampoo as it affect your hi/lites too!!!!!!! And yes you follow the pattern from before when foiling with different colours, the blonde just needs the roots touched up and the darker colour may need to be taken through to freshen it up once in a while! She is being very careless with your hair and before long you will have the effect of a tabby cat and the condition will deterioate as she is taking blonde with a higher peroxide through everytime! Change hairdressers hun! x

Thanks for the advice.. May start looking elsewhere!x

Latest posts

Back