Hi I'm back & ready to Shellac!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been hovering for a few days now but thought I'd say hi.
Many of you will not know me as I've been away from the nail industry for over a decade.

Cutting a very long story short I started with CND L&P, then Brisa back in 2004, then, well basically gave up - health, personal probs etc.

In 2011 I wanted to try Shellac as I felt it could be 'the' system for me but I bottled out. :(

Back in June I thought I'd get my nails done to try Shellac on my own nails and boy was I amazed!!!
I can't keep polish on for even a day, my nails are the worst type - fan shaped, short nail beds, flake/bend easily and thin. But I was able to keep Shellac on for nearly 3 weeks!!!

So Oct 8th & 9th I did the CND Shellac Beginners & I have passed!! My mum was my model and although I have a way to go in perfecting and stop shaking though nerves and lack of confidence I'm really hoping that this time I can make a go of it. At 43 I was wondering if I've left it too late but I really want to work for myself and I just love Shellac! :D

I've also now booked myself onto the Shellac Art & Style in November again with Gemma Pinfield-Thomas who is a fantastic educator & an amazing person. :)

IMG_7847.jpg

I remember you my lovely, welcome back :D

There have been many changes since you left, both here and in the industry but it's lovely to have you back and I'm wishing you every success in the rediscovered adventure ;)

I remember you my lovely, welcome back :D

There have been many changes since you left, both here and in the industry but it's lovely to have you back and I'm wishing you every success in the rediscovered adventure ;)

Awwww thank you! Please forgive me if I don't remember any of you!! I'm terrible and it's been such a long time!! :oops::oops::oops:

Hi mani-Fique sorry I don't remember you but wanted to say welcome back anyway and 43 is definitely not too old ...a lot of us are pushing above the 40 and I pride myself with the fact I have life skills to add to the mix...how exciting for you congratulations for having the confidence to peruse nails you will love it good luck x

Awwww thank you! Please forgive me if I don't remember any of you!! I'm terrible and it's been such a long time!! :oops::oops::oops:

I bet you it will all come flooding back, just like your initial training will resurface. You'll be laying in bed about 2am and suddenly loads of memories will come rushing back LOL ;):D

Long time no see.

Welcome back and enjoy all things Shellac :)

Welcome home beautiful! Good luck and don't let age become an issue I went to college with a 47 year old and she now has massively successful beauty room that has been featured in magazines and is kind of my idol xx

Hi mani-Fique sorry I don't remember you but wanted to say welcome back anyway and 43 is definitely not too old ...a lot of us are pushing above the 40 and I pride myself with the fact I have life skills to add to the mix...how exciting for you congratulations for having the confidence to peruse nails you will love it good luck x

Thank you for being so kind! Better late than never eh!

I bet you it will all come flooding back, just like your initial training will resurface. You'll be laying in bed about 2am and suddenly loads of memories will come rushing back LOL ;):D

Ha, ha!!! You're probably right!! The memories have got to be in there somewhere!

Welcome home beautiful! Good luck and don't let age become an issue I went to college with a 47 year old and she now has massively successful beauty room that has been featured in magazines and is kind of my idol xx

Wow that's an encouraging story! May I ask who she is? Thank you so much!

Wow that's an encouraging story! May I ask who she is? Thank you so much!
Her name is Tammy [emoji4] I really wish you the best of luck x

Her name is Tammy [emoji4] I really wish you the best of luck x

Wow! That's my name too. Does she have a website or FB page? I would love to see her work.

No way! I'll have to have a dig about and see if I can find her!

Latest posts

Back