Hi, newbie needing help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clareyfairy01

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been busy browsing the forum for a couple of days, this place is a treasure trove of information!
I started my level 2 nail tech course in january and I'm really enjoying it, my problem is NOTHING is sinking in! I dont know if its my age (the fact that I've not been in a classroom for 24 years!)
Since I started I've been doing all the health and safety stuff, which is fine in class, but as soon as I leave, it just goes :cry: I have my health and safety exam in two weeks :eek:
Can anyone give me any pointers or suggest any good textbooks please?
I am really quite worried about it.

Many thanks, Clare

You need to recognise what type of learner you are and study accordingly.

Kinaesthetic: you learn better from doing something practically.

Listening: you remember things better if you hear them rather than read them. So maybe tape yourself and listen back to it.

Visual: You learn better by reading the text and memorising it. Try writing it out a few times to help you remember.

I would heartily recommend Marian Newman books. They are excellent x They also included assessments at the end of each chapter which helps you focus on what you are absorbing after reading. Her book is up to - date, giving you in depth information, covering the whole industry. :)

The bonus is -she is also here on Salongeek....her SG name is "Mum" :p

Sent from my GT-P5210 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thankyou! off bookshopping now :wink2:

Latest posts

Back