High definition brows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsty14

Reaction score
Hi geeks! I've been growing my eyebrows for about 4-5 weeks, my brows grow quick anyway! I can't afford to do the HD training but I have already done a waxing, tinting & threading course so have been teaching myself! Tonight was my first attempt, would love your thoughts on how I've done! I need to let the middles grow in a bit as they were a little too far in before! My before doesn't look that hairy but it was! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400019978.646707.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400020046.381533.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400020028.226764.jpg

Hi geeks! I've been growing my eyebrows for about 4-5 weeks, my brows grow quick anyway! I can't afford to do the HD training but I have already done a waxing, tinting & threading course so have been teaching myself! Tonight was my first attempt, would love your thoughts on how I've done! I need to let the middles grow in a bit as they were a little too far in before! My before doesn't look that hairy but it was! View attachment 64966View attachment 64968View attachment 64967

They are nicely symmetrical, I like that you have softened at the bulbs. I can't see your whole face and I base my brow shapeing on the balancing of the whole face so I can't comment on if that shape is the best for you, going by your natural brow you have a slight arch and I like that. But you haven't accentuated it on your enhancement.
Can you take a clearer picture of the front on and I can maybe help you more?

I think good job. Well done for a first try! x

Last edited:
Thanks skingeek! I've attached another pic (it's awful) and it looks like my arch is maybe too far over? But I did measure all my points and that's where the arch came out - if I move the arch im scared it will look daft?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400024247.251461.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400024274.888090.jpg

Thanks skingeek! I've attached another pic (it's awful) and it looks like my arch is maybe too far over? But I did measure all my points and that's where the arch came out - if I move the arch im scared it will look daft?
View attachment 64975View attachment 64976

I would maybe move the arch a little further in but they are really nice especially for your first try. Nicely defined and not 2 harsh x

Sent from the catphone

Thank you I will let them grow again and then move the arch in a little bit x

Thank you I will let them grow again and then move the arch in a little bit x

It's hard getting your own right. I still muck mine up and been doing them years :)
Easier on clients as you have a better view x

Sent from the catphone

I agree it is super hard getting your own right but you have done a very good job for a first go. I would move the arch in slightly so that it gives you a soft arch and try to keep keep the fronts slightly softer.

Post again and keep us updated when you do some on others too. I love brows, thank you for sharing and letting us give you some tips.

Edit: too for getting your arch use a long orange stick and hold against your nostril edge going straight up and mark inside the stick. Then keeping it against your nose move out until it's parallel to your pupil mark outside. Hope thistles sense x

I did these today but I'm not as happy with them as my own - I dunno why one side was a bit more of a pain to get the same even though I measured them ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400167308.013606.jpg

Oh, they're really, really nice! I would love to do an eyebrow course.

Oh, they're really, really nice! I would love to do an eyebrow course.

I've been self teaching :) I've already done a waxing, tinting, threading course and I'm putting it all together so trying to practice on all my family & friends :) x

I've been self teaching :) I've already done a waxing, tinting, threading course and I'm putting it all together so trying to practice on all my family & friends :) x

You taught yourself?!? Wow, I am so impressed!

I did these today but I'm not as happy with them as my own - I dunno why one side was a bit more of a pain to get the same even though I measured them View attachment 65100

Good job Kirsty! Try and taper the tail a little bit more, I will draw a pic for you in a bit to show you what I mean if you like. You want to lift the area so try and never make the tail lower than the bulb.
Are you enjoying doing it? What was it about this one you were less happy about? x

Id love to see a pict.. Im tackleing brows at the moment aswell.. Love getting new tips from you girls :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400187511.036653.jpg

Then showing measurement vertical

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400188000.670732.jpg

And then I have strengthened it and if you see line horizontally across then their is a slight gradient up from bulb to end of tail giving a lift to the eye area.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400188096.820242.jpg

Obviously this gives a rough idea, everyone's eye and whole facial features are different. Brows should always be shaped based on the features of the whole face.

View attachment 65131

Then showing measurement vertical

View attachment 65134

And then I have strengthened it and if you see line horizontally across then their is a slight gradient up from bulb to end of tail giving a lift to the eye area.

View attachment 65135

Obviously this gives a rough idea, everyone's eye and whole facial features are different. Brows should always be shaped based on the features of the whole face.

Do you mean thin the ends out?

You can see from my photo the other side is slightly different from my first pic, I think I know what's wrong - I haven't angled it enough on the left side - I've told her to come back tomorrow so I can fix it - she was happy but I'm a perfectionist and I need to get this right! I'm doing my mum on Saturday too so more practice

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400195671.540805.jpg

You can see from my photo the other side is slightly different from my first pic, I think I know what's wrong - I haven't angled it enough on the left side - I've told her to come back tomorrow so I can fix it - she was happy but I'm a perfectionist and I need to get this right! I'm doing my mum on Saturday too so more practice

View attachment 65140

Yes thin the end a bit more. I did this, sorry it's a bit basic but it's the best I could do with my phone! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400220419.301486.jpg

Practise drawing eyebrows. Remember no ones face is spot on symmetrical but you are trying to give them the best shape and symmetry to enhance and balance their facial features. Remember your make up training basic theory when they taught about balancing the features and studying the bone structure as a whole. Very often I see too much emphasis on a brow without consideration for the rest of the face.

Try not to make the bulbs too square and never bring the tails down below the bulb.

A trick to get symmetry in your work is to use a long orange stick or thin brush to mark out your main points which are the ones I illustrated above, also go horizontally across the top of the brow to make sure the arches are at the same height and horizontally beneath è the brow to make sure the tails are the same height. Use a white or highlighter pencil to mark your main points until you start to see exactly where you need to shape. You can also use this to highlight hair that you want to remove.

What are you using to apply wax to shape with? Which wax are you using?

I hope this helps

Victoria x

Sorry 2 jump on this but how do you make someone with little or no brow look natural.. I find when i am faced with these they tend to look abit heavy, although the client is pleased they now actually have a brow to my eye im not 100% pleased. This is the only bit i struggle on so any tips would be so apreciated xx

Sorry 2 jump on this but how do you make someone with little or no brow look natural.. I find when i am faced with these they tend to look abit heavy, although the client is pleased they now actually have a brow to my eye im not 100% pleased. This is the only bit i struggle on so any tips would be so apreciated xx

You need to manage their expectations really. Someone with no or very little hair is not going to be very suitable for treatment, unless it's just to help show them how to best apply make up that you retail on a daily basis. You could get them on a rejuvenation product for a period of time and monitor it. This is where training with a brand that has such products to cover all eventualities is helpful. You can't replace great hands on training.

If someone has no or little hair they are more likely to be interested in cosmetic tattoo or these new brow extensions.

My tips for applying make up to little or no hair brows is to use a very sharp brow pencil, not too dark and apply hair strokes instead of a solid powder. Graduate the hairs, if you zoom in on my drawn pic above I have done hairs.

Hope that helps

Victoria

Latest posts

Back