High-lift blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhian Thomas

Reaction score
Hey, I've been using the new high-lift blondes in L'Oreal and although they are better than they were and don't give off as much warmth. I'm still finding it gives off warmth at the roots so was thinking of trying wella high-lift instead. Has anyone found wella high-lift better than L'Oreal ? or an even better high-lift ? Would like to know so i can achieve the best results :) thank you

From what i've heard on here wellas better than loreal in the way of highlifts, but you'll always have warmth depending on the depth you're lifting on, the more you lift, the more warmth you reveal!

I worked with wella for 12 years and have just changed to schwarzkopf. Schwarzkopf is way better in their highlifts in my eyes and everyone else since we changed. amazing results and no warmth! 12.11 is amazing

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

I worked with wella for 12 years and have just changed to schwarzkopf. Schwarzkopf is way better in their highlifts in my eyes and everyone else since we changed. amazing results and no warmth! 12.11 is amazing

See i disagree i prefer wella's highlifts compared to schwarzkopfs

I find pretty much all hi lift to yield warm results unless natural is a lv8. Using bleach +20vol is equal to using a double dose of 30vol and color plus bleach rips through the underlying pigments way better. The only hi lift to be actual ash was Farouks CHI Infra BB plus it eats through old color.

Agreed as above, highlift on anything below a 8 is going to be warm... Bleach is so much cleaner, I'm interested to trial magma tho, I've used goldwell, schwarpskopf, wella & colorissimo highlifts and every one has been warm on anything lower than a 8

See i disagree i prefer wella's highlifts compared to schwarzkopfs

it cant be doing that great they just sold wella be intetesting to see if they reformat it. the rep here is brisbane has lost a few franchises and salons recently to goldwell etc

Who sold wella?

a week ago. i thought you use wella

First of all, troll somewhere else. Secondly, what does one corporation aquiring another have to do with how well a product performs?

First of all, troll somewhere else. Secondly, what does one corporation aquiring another have to do with how well a product performs?

how am i trolling? they may reformulate as most do.

dont join a convo and start calling people trolls. clearly you dont understand so maybe dont get involved.

Lets get back to the initial thread, as stated before high lifts do tend to reveal warmth when you are lifting from a base lower than an 8. Wella is owned by P&G one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies worldwide and never changed formulations when bought by them. Its not up to hairdressers to know the ins and outs of business selling etc we are just here to provide great services and knowledge of their colours not their business. Too much negativity was in your comment jameswhite hence why cams called you a troll. He does use wella so dont insult people. This is meant to be community website.

it cant be doing that great they just sold wella be intetesting to see if they reformat it. the rep here is brisbane has lost a few franchises and salons recently to goldwell etc

Proctor and Gamble have sold off about 40 high profile brands recently in a major restructuring process. It wasn't anything to do with how Wella are performing as a product line, but the fact that Coty's shares increased by more than 30% after the news broke suggests that it's seen as a positive investment for them.

dont join a convo and start calling people trolls. clearly you dont understand so maybe dont get involved.

I understand completely. I also understand tone. I'll involve myself any discussion I choose, and if you don't like that...well, you know the rest.

Just to add, the wella website still says owned by p&g

I did a full head foil highlights on a level seven today with 12/81kp with12%. The result was a lovely cool blonde .

Latest posts

Back