High lift tint help xx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluegeek

Reaction score
hiya

i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on highlift tints

i have a client who currently has had full head bleach but her hair is quite damaged, she loves the really light blonde look, her natural base is a 5 or 6, i personally tend to use bleach not so familiar with highlift tints, would they lift a base 5/6 light enough with 12% or will i have to use bleach on her?

i guess mayb i could jus put a few foils through and the fullhead tint? but she really jus wants the one block colour, is this achievable without bleach?

any advice please, we use clynol in the salon xxxx

we use clynol in our salon and I personally wouldn't say they would lift that base enough if she wants it very blonde

I find the clynol high lift colours poor there is just not enough lift in them.

I have found that a base 5 or 6 will tend to go quite coppery gold with a high lift tint. Even if you add ash, it will still be golden.

I think the clients hair should be at least a base 7. Preferably a base 8 if you want true blonde shades. Thats just from my own experience.

There maybe other products out there that work exceptionally well.
If there is, let us know please geeks.

:)

i use tigi ultralift without heat for 50 mins with a few bleach foils scattered through the top, and the sides every few times she gets her regrowth done, she is a base 5 and it comes out nice an light every time, it wasnt enough to be used on its own, i agree if wud have lookied overpowring as a stand alone colour, but with the foils it is much kinder to her previously full head bleach foil and toned hair :) x

I use L'Oreal Platinium for the bleached effect, if the hair is very resistant I'd use Blue (one containing ammonia) if lifts fairly easily I'd use Pink (ammonia free) both with the 30vol developer :)

Also Platinium is kinder to the hair as it contains bees wax, it really is conditioning.

I think if you use foils your just adding to the already bad condition, and I really don't think a high lift tint would do the required job unfortunately hth

Last edited:
Hi, i would agree with 'nicolaluise', i also use L'oreal platinum & the results are fab!:)x

thankyou everyone for the replies i wont risk the clynol highlift lol will have a look at the loreal :) xxx

Latest posts

Back