High lift tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amanda80sgirl

Reaction score
I have a client who previous has had wella 12/0 & then a majorel high lift , she said it has gone slightly orange so wants to try a different one, I was going to use 12/1& maybe mix in 12/11 but wondered if there was a better option with other brands? As I've always used wella. She has a base of 6, wants yo get as blond as poss!

Well ash will only soften the warmth so what do you think would be a better option? Also what undertones are you encountering when you lift from a base 6?

No wonder your client is throwing loads of warmth. You are working on a level 6 with a highlift tint that has no tone in it. You need to think of your color wheel and what you need to counteract.

I find that a level 6 will go to an 8 to a 9 but with a fair amount of warmth being thrown so 12/89 or 12/81 with 12% and I would add /81 in mixed tone to the mix.

Or, use bleach and tone. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well ash will only soften the warmth so what do you think would be a better option? Also what undertones are you encountering when you lift from a base 6?
I think the base of the ash is blue/green and neutralises red/orange.

I do not agree...

7830482p.png

It says that 12/11 is the most neutralising shade and that it neutralises red/orange...

I would just bleach and tone tbh x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

/1 Ash can subdue any other tone.

It has to has some base and neutralise something...

I don`t get it... Maybe it`s the language barrier... What do you mean saying "subdue"?

It will make it less vibrant, think about a layer of ashes over yellow.

I don`t get it... Maybe it`s the language barrier... What do you mean saying "subdue"?

Ash will not completely neutralise or counteract another tone it'll only soften it. Example, if you put blue over orange it will neutralise it and you'll end up with a neutral or cool colour, if you put ash over orange it will soften the orange and you'll still have a warm colour, it'll be much less warm but will not be neutral or cool.

Speaking of Wella
6 is supposed to be violet but i find it pink
8 is supposed to be blue but i find it violetish
Why so?
what do you think?

Speaking of Wella

6 is supposed to be violet but i find it pink

8 is supposed to be blue but i find it violetish

Why so?

what do you think?

So you get it now? I find /6 to be slightly on the warmer violet side. /8 I find pretty blue though.

I am interested in seeing a swatch of 12/22 and I want to try it

cams97, have you tried 12/22? I don`t know what to expect from double green based high lift

6 is fashoin violet, yes more red than blue. 9 is a gray violet.

Latest posts

Back