Highlift tints

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachelhair

Reaction score
I'm jut curious really and would like to know others opinions. I had a client last week, who's sister is hairdresser. She said she normally has bleach highlights and then toned with 12/1 I'd never heard of this in my 8 years of hairdressing so stuck with my 10/16 and pastel as I know this always gives me a lovely colour and it's what im comfortable with. She was happy with the colour but I always thought you could only mix 40vol with the high lifts has anyone ever used them to tone? If so what was the result :)

Surely no-one would use 12% with a highlift to tone??? That's bizarre and will blow the cuticle if done on top of bleach.
Highlifts aren't intended to be used as toners as they contain both a lightening booster plus less pigment than say a level 10 tint.

No they didn't use 12% she said they normally use 6% which is what confused me even more. I wouldn't ever use anything less the 12% with the highlifts. The only other thing i could think off was that she told me the wrong information.I just wanted to see it hear other people's opinions on it lol

How annoying is it when clients have friends and family who are hairdressers and come to us and try tell us what to do!!
LIKE go to your family and get your hair done then!

I think it's old school to use high lift tint for toners
I'm completing my level 3 in college and have two teachers who constantly attend wella seminars and are against this as too harsh. On bleached hair. But another teacher said you can use them but why would you want to when you can use a 10vol to get a lovely tone safely?
You can use 20vol and 30vol and 40vol on High Lift Tint
says on instructions.. best results 40vol

I only use 12% with hi lift and definitely woukd not use as a toner x

I know some hairdressers use highlift as toner but most of us are against it just because, like you say, there's much gentler products designed to tone that give you a lovely result :)

Latest posts

Back