Highlighted Hair to Brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shopgirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to this site, but hoping someone can help. I am looking to colour highlighted hair to any shade of brown, current base is 5/0 and I know I have to pigment the hair first, did hairdressing course about 11 years ago now and I know things have changed! Can anyone help fill in the blanks or have an easier solution.

Firstly mix 2-12ins orange colour (not sure which one in the koleston range??) with 60ml warm water and apply roots to ends and leave for 15 mins. Wipe off excess with kichen roll and thoroughly dry the hair.

Mix either 6/7 or 5/73 with 20% and leave on hair for about 30 mins. I am sure I am supposed to mix this with something else but can't remember??

Is this the easiest way or is there anyother way to stop the hair going green!

Many thanks.
Wendy

Many thanks Minky, I've used colour touch quite a few times so might just go with that, I have NVQ Level 2 which is now 11 years out of date, would love to go back to college to do a refresher course but just interested in the colour side, I've been cutting for 11 years and love it, just mobiling for family and friends, and I'm fine with foils and bleaching, just never come across anyone wanting to go back to brown (in 11 years!!), this is for my sister so need to get it right!! Thanks again.

Hi Wendy, I can see your thoughts are on on the right tracks :)
as long as you like a bit of warmth in your natural base 5.0 ?
you could do it all over with a nice warm semi permanent in Color touch,
in a nice warm or coppery 6 shade..... I say warm six or even golden warm sevens in colour touch depending on some test pieces .... because the cooler the base shade in the Color touch range ...the more it can produce grab on bleached parts ..
if you have forgotten how to mix or apply it then I think to be fair to your hair it may be better to book in the college or to the hairdressers as you would have to be really careful going over those blonde bits with cooler shades hth :) minky

Many thanks Minky, I've used colour touch quite a few times so might just go with that, I have NVQ Level 2 which is now 11 years out of date, would love to go back to college to do a refresher course but just interested in the colour side, I've been cutting for 11 years and love it, just mobiling for family and friends, and I'm fine with foils and bleaching, just never come across anyone wanting to go back to brown (in 11 years!!), this is for my sister so need to get it right!! Thanks again.

Ahhhh Wendy I see.... then you will be just fine with it then and you could just use a nice warm Autumm colour with 2 parts releaser one part CT as per instructions , you may need a little base in the roots area to prevent root glow
just do some test peices first to show her :hug: good luck minky

Latest posts

Back