Highlights and lowlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny1976

Danny76
Reaction score
Hi,
Looking for an advice
What is the correct placement of foils when applying highlights with lowlights in order to see more blonde hair and dimension!!
Is it 2 highlights and one lowlight??
Also for lowlight is it better an 8N or 7N??
Similar to the attached photo
Thanks
Screenshot_20190829-082844_Google.jpeg

Depends on the desired result and clients natural or current depth.

She wants warm highlights and her current depth is level 6!!

She has about 3 inches regrowth,previously highlighted

When trying to produce a more dimensional effect, I usually put my foils in at an angle and vary the placement.

When trying to produce a more dimensional effect, I usually put my foils in at an angle and vary the placement.
So do you put 2 foils bleach then 1 colour??for a blonder result as in the picture attached??

For blonde with a hint of depth, you need at least 3 different colours. As the client is naturally a 6, you can weave out her natural hair to provide the depth of contrast.

Assuming you lift and tone the bleach foils to a 10, you’d probably use a few scattered weaved foils around an 8. Generally, you need your additional colours to be around 2 depths lighter/darker in order to provide some contrast. If they are too close together, the effect will be lost.

Also, you need to consider the placement of the foils. Generally, you position lighter foils around the front hairline around the face and add the deeper tones around the crown and back.

For blonde with a hint of depth, you need at least 3 different colours. As the client is naturally a 6, you can weave out her natural hair to provide the depth of contrast.

Assuming you lift and tone the bleach foils to a 10, you’d probably use a few scattered weaved foils around an 8. Generally, you need your additional colours to be around 2 depths lighter/darker in order to provide some contrast. If they are too close together, the effect will be lost.

Also, you need to consider the placement of the foils. Generally, you position lighter foils around the front hairline around the face and add the deeper tones around the crown and back.
Thank you!!

Perfect. Well done[emoji108]

Perfect. Well done[emoji108]

Latest posts

Back