Highlights / lowlights-colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellechristi

Reaction score
Hi! :)

I'm looking for some advice! I am wondering how you guys would achieve these colours, blonde highlights & red lowlights on a natural L4.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407838147.132224.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407838156.535194.jpg

I mainly use Wella and often LOREAL.

thank you!

You would need to use a blondor for the blondes, and then I would use koleston /66/46 for the reds. If you want to achieve the stripy look you will need to do back to back slices, 2 blonde, gap , 2 red, gap.. But I would be careful because this is quite a dated look :/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

You would need to use a blondor for the blondes, and then I would use koleston /66/46 for the reds. If you want to achieve the stripy look you will need to do back to back slices, 2 blonde, gap , 2 red, gap.. But I would be careful because this is quite a dated look :/

Ah! These photos were just for colour reference, it's for a lady with very short hair. 66/46 with 9%? I used this shade last week although didn't seem very vibrant. maybe because I used 6%.. :/

Yeah 9% because you want 2 levels of lift. If she wants it super vibrant why not use magma? Also I think panels look better on shorter hair rather than all over highlights. It gives a bolder look.

Yeah 9% because you want 2 levels of lift. If she wants it super vibrant why not use magma? Also I think panels look better on shorter hair rather than all over highlights. It gives a bolder look.

yes I agree. lovely. thanks!

I did want to use magma, but only seems to be huge tubes and wasn't sure on spending that much as my lady may not want to continue with the vibrant red.. where as all my other red ladies are in the KP range. :)

Maybe majicontrast.... hmm

how would you guys compare magma / majicontrast?

yes I agree. lovely. thanks!

I did want to use magma, but only seems to be huge tubes and wasn't sure on spending that much as my lady may not want to continue with the vibrant red.. where as all my other red ladies are in the KP range. :)

Maybe majicontrast.... hmm

how would you guys compare magma / majicontrast?

I prefer majicomtrast or igora fashion lights. Magma is a bit strange, it will brighten up any colour but is difficult to get rid of.

With the igora fashion lights, I often mix a little bit into another red for increased vibrancey, like a mix tone. I don't like how magma comes in a bleach form :/

thank you for your help Jamie! much appreciated. I think I'll go for majicontrast as I've used this in the past and I can purchase smaller tubes. I have no experience at all with igora! :)

thank you for your help Jamie! much appreciated. I think I'll go for majicontrast as I've used this in the past and I can purchase smaller tubes. I have no experience at all with igora! :)

Your welcome!

Good luck and post a picture :) x

haven't got a picture yet, but the majicontrast came up lovely & bright, although the blonder didn't budge! came up a copper colour :( never had that before on virgin hair.

If u use majicontrast and bleach, after a few washes will just wash pink!

If u use majicontrast and bleach, after a few washes will just wash pink!

I done majicontrast and bleach separate foils. red with bleach highlights although the bleach didn't lift up enough.

I done majicontrast and bleach separate foils. red with bleach highlights although the bleach didn't lift up enough.

Yes i know but after a couple of washing majicontact and bleach will wash into each other and go pink

Yes i know but after a couple of washing majicontact and bleach will wash into each other and go pink

Ah I did wonder if that's what you meant. yeah it could possibly. I've had red flashes with my bleached highlights, always been fine. doesn't really matter now, couldn't lift up to a blonde anyway. :(

Ahhh, is the hair already coloured? Blonde and red is soooo 10 yrs ago anyway lol

haven't got a picture yet, but the majicontrast came up lovely & bright, although the blonder didn't budge! came up a copper colour :( never had that before on virgin hair.

What peroxide did you use with your blondor? X

Ahhh, is the hair already coloured? Blonde and red is soooo 10 yrs ago anyway lol

Yer I was thinking the same had this hair colour think 15 yrs ago

Yer I was thinking the same had this hair colour think 15 yrs ago

Lol. it's for an older lady with short hair! this was the picture she sent me for colour reference

Latest posts

Back