highs and lows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
I was on a bit of a downer this morning as one of my clients(a close member of the family)phoned me this morning to say two of her nails had pinged off ,one when she was pulling up her trousers and then one when she stuck her hand in her underware draw:irked:.It really niggled me as a few times ive had problems with her nails coming off after she'd had her rebalances,i think i found my problem after speaking to my trainer ,that i wasnt filing down the old product far enough.

Anyway she went away on holiday for about three weeks,was over due for her infills and when she got back had lost about three of her nails,so i put some new ones on about two weeks ago on the ones shes lost,and now she tells me shes lost these:!:Unfortunatly it gets me down i went to do my other job before i went to see her and it was going round in my head whats gone wrong now,if its just pinged off was me prep not right,ratio grrr??ok i was at that point thinking may be im gonna go back to gel,dont seem to be having much joy with l&p,i was thinking of contacting my trainer but i really like to be able sort these probs out myself as sometimes i may have to make a decission on the spot in front of a client one day if there is a prob.

The worst thing being is ive had a booking from someone today for next friday she only lives up the road from me and wants a day time appointment..so chuffed as i just seem to keep getting evening appointments,so i really want to do a good job so she becomes a regular and with this happening today i thought am i gonna be doing it.

Anyway gets to me clients house starts working i said to her i ll do the nail shorter this time and build the apex a bit more,anyway whilst fiddling about with her hands i noticed all the nails she has been keeping on ,the natural nail has fully grown,the ones that had been coming off there wasnt much nail growth there,the trouble is she likes her nails quite long,it then all fell into place,i said to her i think ive found your problem,because she likes them long and theres no nail nail under neath the apex is moving up the nail whilst growing making it too heavy there is no support underneath,so thats the reason its coming off because its top heavy.

So i said to her when we do her reballances next week...didnt have time to day we ll shorten all the nails,once theyve all grown to the same length then she can have them all longer.

So i left feeling quite chuffed,and was back on a high again knowing that i had solved my problem....well i hope that is the reason lol..im sticking to it anyway,i sposse it makes sense..:lol:

Makes perfect sense to me hunny,
well done for working it out :hug:

Oh hun keep your head up

It sounds like the length is too long, I'd say see how she gets on with a shorter length

Also do you give her aftercare advice?

Yes she is very good always wears rubber gloves and uses her cuticle oil daily,i always give new clients an after care sheet too.:Grope:

Latest posts

Back