Hive Midi Therm paraffin wax bath

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiegees

Reaction score
Hi

Wondered if you could help. I am probably being a bit stupid here - but with the grate it says to put it in after the wax has melted. No?w when you have finished and turn the unit off so wax goes solid, do you take the grate out - or does it stay in?

Wondered if the putting in of the grate was a first time operation thing only and then it stays, or if its in and out each time you use.

Many thanks

x

Put it in after the wax has melted the first time then leave it in. X

Aw thank you, so it stays in forever once in.

thanks x

Well mine has been! Lol xx

Can I ask how long your paraffin wax takes to heat up? I use the same bath and it seems to take so long like 2 hrs.

And yes my grate hasn't moved since the first time.

Mine takes 2 hours! Very very annoying but most of then do take a while. X

Thanks for that. Do you have yours on all day every day?

Thanks for your advice. I tried heating up wax to the minimum line last night and it took over 2 hours.. Have to admit it never occured to me it would take so long....

Im not liking the idea of keeping it switched on all the time so am thinking of bringing it home and then turning it on around 6am each morning and taking it in to work. But then Im not sure how it will be transporting it in the car....

Am trying it properly tomorrow - last night I as ready for bed by the time it had melted!

Have to say it does look big enough for feet - but wont be doing that - will use a brush. Will dip hands I think though

x

I'm mobile so I just heat mine up when I need it, if you're in a salon then plug it in to a timer? I never really do more than one a day so just turn it on 3 hours before I need it then its switched straight off again, but I don't see the harm in leaving it on all day if you need to x

I just got this machine today, set it up and no probs.

But does anyone have any tips/tricks for using it with feet/hands so I dont find myself in a paraffin puddle?

Thankyou

I have just ordered disposable foil pie dishes and disposable paint brushes. No cleaning of anything yaaaay

x

Hi, can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong with this machine. I thought there weren't any probs, but am finding that once the wax has melted (2-3hrs) on the melt setting,

I am turning it down to the warm setting. The wax then starts to solidify but the wax that is still melted is to hot to place on the skin.

Can you please tell me where am I going wrong ?

What position should I have the dial set to ?

Thankyou

Latest posts

Back