HMRC I am so confused and scared!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautification

Reaction score
47 minutes for them to tell me i'm not registered...So howcome they send me letters reminding me to file a tax return if i'm not registered then eh so I better not have just registered and now be paying 2 tax returns?

Never done a tax return last year they billed me for a £60 NI but i wrote to them telling them I was working full time (not self employed) & I pay NI.

So I wanted to ring up get my i.d and password i'd lost so i could change my details as i've changed my business name, phone number, working hours and this is now my second job etc but he says i'm not registered so i've registered..will someone please tell me..I'm waiting for my activiation pin when I have recieved that and activated it will i be able to give them all my details e.g what NI I should be paying and details on if its my first or second job and file my return?

WHY do they make it so hard to 1.get through to them 2.understand the whole process...All these people get into trouble government saying their commiting fraud the majority of em I bet aren't they just can't get their head round this!

Can anyone shed any light on this for me as i'm not spending another penny on ringing them.

I found it really hard too! Are you a limited company or sole trader? I tried to registed the business as ltd and they made it so difficult! Then to make my life easier I said sole trader and i was out in 5 minutes! I got a cert to say I was registered and receipt also then went to the tax office and registered myself as self employed (3 months ago) and still havnt recieved the forms that I should have! I'm getting an accountant now and she said she would sort it out for me but I feel your pain, they make everything so awakward!!:irked:

Sole Trader? It's such a joke i'm telling you this year i've made about £200 but spent more than that on courses and stuff so unless something is wrong i shouldn't even be paying anything as I already pay NI through my main job.

Why do they make it so hard! I refuse to hire an accoutant because it will probably cost more than i've made this year!

If u tell em u haven't earnt anything hardly u can qualify for Ni exemption
that's what I did

Yes you can ask for am exemption certificate if you expect to earn less than £5,075.
They also told me I wasnt registered when I called them, even though they had sent me letters and the exemption certificate.
But yes, once activated it will all sort itself out.
If you are working you pay class 2 ni through your PAYE and then you can get the exemption certificate and you wont have to pay class 4 ni (which you normally would if you are self employed).
hth's
x

Latest posts

Back