Holding files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellybean83

Reaction score
Hi guys... when on cnd training the tutor held the file when using it in a certain way but i just cantget the nack in which he held it!!
He explained it would come over time!!

But do you have to hold it in a certain way or do you have your own way to what you were origionally trained :)
thanks

Did you get a Brisa education DVD when training?
I would think it is explained there how to hold the file correctly.
(I will have my Brisa education next week, so I haven´t got the educational DVD just yet!)

Also, there is an online video on CND.com where there´s a spotlight specifically focused on some of the filing techniques when finishing the enhancements (by Kristina Baune). It´s in the pro´s section, so you will have to log in, but it´s there.
Hope this helps even a little! :hug:

EDIT: also here on salongeek I´ve studied plenty of great tutorials, at least one on filing by geeg comes to my mind...
Here´s the direct link: File control!! Part 3 - Perfect Finishing
And there are other helpful file control tutorials there as well! :)

Last edited:
Hi guys... when on cnd training the tutor held the file when using it in a certain way but i just cantget the nack in which he held it!!
He explained it would come over time!!

But do you have to hold it in a certain way or do you have your own way to what you were origionally trained :)
thanks

The easiest way I can explain it is: hold the top of the file between your index and middle fingers. Then, place your thumb on top of the file towards the bottom. The thumb at the bottom helps give more pressure when needed.

I hope I explained this well enough. Best of luck to you! :)

thanks guys for your advice and guidence... didnt get dvd with pack just the study book!

xx

In the tutorial section are tutorials on file control parts 1,2,3,& 4

The CND video with Christina is also excellent to visualize what is written in the tutorials.

I would recomend you refer to the toturial and that you practise your grips. You might find it hard to remember at the begining (i know i did) but eventually you'll realise that is the best way and you'll end up saving lots of time by doing it the right way.

Latest posts

Back