Holistics without beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Monroe

Reaction score
My sister really wants to become a holistics therapist. She went to college to apply for the level 3 beauty therapy massage route. Which includes swedish, aromatherapy, hot stones and indian head. She was told she couldn't do this without doing level 2 first (I did tell her)
But as she then went on to say, she isn't interested in makeup, waxing or anything in Level 2 and doesn't understand why she has to go donw that route first.

Can anyone help suggest some options. We live in Basingstoke and have looked for private training but to no avail.

that sounds like how i was i hated the thought of waxing, make up etc but wanted to do level 3 so i ended up doing level 2 and i love it.
if her mind is set on not doing it could she do a day course on massage at the college as i'm sure ours do that

She could do an ITEC or VCTC course in holistic massage, and then continue her training from there. That's what I did. I only added beauty so I could shrink the area I work in and increase the services (I'm mobile). hth :green:

how unfair for her. i did a diploma in holistic therapies for my tranning without doing a fuull level 2 although i did do mani and pedi however, maybe she could do short courses in aromatherapy, Indian Head ane Reflexology. A&P. tell her to go on Heathy Pages website lots of tranning courses advertised for Holistics.

Basingstoke college of technology, according to there website (Full Time Courses available at BCOT) offer both a level 2 and 3 Complementary Therapies diploma covering Swedish massage, aromatherapy and reflexology.
When i took this course i did level 3 straight away even though i had no experience so other colleges maybe the same.

Hope that helps

Carla is she quite young? That is perhaps why she has been told this. When i first trained the holistic courses were not open to people under 25.

Requisites change all the time though, when I wanted to do aromatherapy I had to do a one year swedish massage course first. Now you can learn it all under one heading.

Have you been onto the guild website to check out private courses in your area?

thebeautyguild.com and look up the training directory, pop your sister's postcode into it and it will come up with colleges in your area.

Latest posts

Back