Home based salon, facial products advice. Eve Taylor, Aromaworks, any others?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little White Beauty

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm starting a beauty room in a spare room at home, I have small children so will only be able to work part time for a while, therefore, I cannot afford to spend a big outlay on products which will probably go off before I use them all!
i use Espa and Clarins in the spa i work in but obviously they don't stock to individuals.
i received a few samples from Eve Taylor but wasn't that impressed, the face cream has a horrible smell, does anyone else find this? however a lot go people on here seems to like Eve Taylor, what do your clients think?
I was also interested in aromaworks, their products smell amazing but retail is expensive so don't know if many would purchase the products?
any other realistically priced professional products worth looking at?
Thanks geeks x

What face cream was it? I've used eve Taylor for years, initially I didn't like the smell and now I love it. It is an aromatherapy range so the oils aren't processed and altered the way others may be so it takes a while to get used to a more 'natural' smell. If your unsure they do a mobile therapist starter kit. Which would be ideal for you to start with as the products are small, it will be used quickly and it lets you try them all before investing in the bigger sizes.

I don't know of any other brands that allow single therapists to purchase without a minimum spend other than Swiss dermyl.

I am converting from being salon based to summer house based round my children after my salon was flooded, and I find that it's working well so far. Good luck xx

I'm looking into Beauty Labs London who have just been taken over by Gerrard International....anyone use these products?

I guess I was expecting More of a relaxing, spa like aroma, as opposed to what I thought was very similar to aqueous cream.
However If the products work well that's definitely more important! I will just have to use the diffuser to ensure the relaxing spa scent is there! This was my only concern with the range and I loved the smell of the hand cream.
It's Good to hear so many therapists are pleased with the products, I did like the feel of them so I think I'll start With the mobile kit and see how I get on! Thank you for your advice!
Oh no sorry to hear about your flood, hope it didn't destroy all ur equipment, good luck in your new environment! Xx

Haven't heard any reviews about Beauty labs London either, sorry X

Love Eve Taylor, I'm a big fan. Personally I love all those aromatherapy smells

Eve Taylor is a fantastic range at such unbelievable value. S x

I've had the pack through, looks nice but waiting on a rep to call me x

Hi all
Having just recently qualified as a complementary therapist I am in similar boat currently work in a salon / chiropractic practice 2 days a week but eventual plan is to work from home doing facials masage etc in the basement fit round the children Any recommendations on mid range professional facial products to use ????...

Another fan of Eve Taylor x

I love Eve Taylor, the products really work and they smell fantastic x

Latest posts

Back