Home beauty business advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautybumblebee

Reaction score
I have just left my 3 year job as a spa therapist, I am starting a beauty business from home.
I am so excited but worried also.. I am looking at using Eve Taylor or Thea skincare for my facials as they cost effective for me and look like good products...but I am worried as they are both unknown brands to most customers I won't get clients?
Also is there any advice anyone can give me, I need this to work as I have left everything for it and investing money.

Does anyone else have a home business?

None of my clients had ever heard of Environ, but I retail it by the bucket load. If you know why you have chosen those products and you can explain to your clients how the products work, why they're different from what's sold OTC and what difference they will make to your clients skin, you'll be onto a winner.

Vic x

I would say make sure your clients clearly understand your no-show or late appointment policy! I know this may sound silly, but I had a client who was constantly late and it ended up driving me insane. Others advised to start with a policy such as for any no-shows, if it happens twice or more, require a deposit for their next booking or payment up front. For those that are 15+ minutes late, their appointment is cancelled if you can't take any time off their appointment, if they continue to be late, then require a deposit for any future bookings...this is really important from day 1, as you'll be surprised at the number of clients think you're doing it as a hobby and not an actual job :) hope all works out for you and good luck :) xxx

As Squidgernetball said ..........know your products and how/why they work. I'm a home based salon and I use Eve Taylor. I retail loads of it and not just to facial clients. Do the training, love your products and you really won't have a problem with it not being a 'well known' high street product.

As Squidgernetball said ..........know your products and how/why they work. I'm a home based salon and I use Eve Taylor. I retail loads of it and not just to facial clients. Do the training, love your products and you really won't have a problem with it not being a 'well known' high street product.

Thanks so much for this it's really encouraging to know you are doing well using eve Taylor

I would say make sure your clients clearly understand your no-show or late appointment policy! I know this may sound silly, but I had a client who was constantly late and it ended up driving me insane. Others advised to start with a policy such as for any no-shows, if it happens twice or more, require a deposit for their next booking or payment up front. For those that are 15+ minutes late, their appointment is cancelled if you can't take any time off their appointment, if they continue to be late, then require a deposit for any future bookings...this is really important from day 1, as you'll be surprised at the number of clients think you're doing it as a hobby and not an actual job :) hope all works out for you and good luck :) xxx

Thanks a lot for the advice, I will definitely enforce a no show policy as I know what it's like when people don't show up time and time again.

None of my clients had ever heard of Environ, but I retail it by the bucket load. If you know why you have chosen those products and you can explain to your clients how the products work, why they're different from what's sold OTC and what difference they will make to your clients skin, you'll be onto a winner.

Vic x
Thanks for your feedback , that's great to know

Hi, I've just started a home based salon, using eve taylor and lilylolo both brands are going really well, if you love them your clients will love them, your professional knowledge and enthusiasm for recommending what's best for them is the best way forward. I was nervous of which ranges to choose and did a lot of research , soo pleased with my decision to go with Eve taylor!.
I hope it all goes well for you.

Hi sorry to be boring but don't forget your insurance, investing time and money only to lose it all because of a claim. The claim may not even be your fault but you still need to defend it. I am sure you have thought of this but if not give a provider a call, if you want you can call us on 0844 892 1602.

Good luck in your new venture

I'm a nail tech but I buy Eve Taylor products from my therapist, they really are absolutely lovely, natural and very ethical which i like, plus, of course, they really work. oh, and smell good too and are well priced. I'd never heard of the brand but am hooked now and keep re-buying.

I'm a nail tech but I buy Eve Taylor products from my therapist, they really are absolutely lovely, natural and very ethical which i like, plus, of course, they really work. oh, and smell good too and are well priced. I'd never heard of the brand but am hooked now and keep re-buying.

Oh that's amazing to hear, I can't wait to start using this brand. I'm so excited to get started now

Hi, I've just started a home based salon, using eve taylor and lilylolo both brands are going really well, if you love them your clients will love them, your professional knowledge and enthusiasm for recommending what's best for them is the best way forward. I was nervous of which ranges to choose and did a lot of research , soo pleased with my decision to go with Eve taylor!.
I hope it all goes well for you.

Thanks daisydoo, I can't wait to get started now and be successful. I have decided to invest in two brands I am so excited haha

Latest posts

Back