Home hair prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dollface2305-x-

Reaction score
Hey geeks just wondered how much you charge roughly for a tint with half head of highlights I work in a salon and don't really do it mobile that much but have a client that wants me to do it at home for her thanks in advance for your help geeks x

Charge her the same as you would in the salon...

Whether your in a salon, at home, or in a park, they pay you for your time, skill, professionalism, expertise, Etc...

The price shouldn't differ. Hope this helps :)

Depending on length and thickness of hair I usually say from £50 x

I usually say I take 20% salon rates for mobile clients. If it's friends then maybe a little more off again. Tell her a starting price then she's got a rough idea of how much it's going to be :) x

Work out how much product you will use /how much the product costs, then add on what profit you want on top x

Ah thankyou for your help geeks just don't want to seem mean haha x

It's not mean, the client will still be paying less than they would at a salon :)

Very true thanks geeks x

Charge her the same as you would in the salon...

Whether your in a salon, at home, or in a park, they pay you for your time, skill, professionalism, expertise, Etc...

The price shouldn't differ. Hope this helps :)

I agree 100% your going out of your way why would you charge less? Its harder doing hair in someones house. Does she come into the salon and just thinks she'll get it cheaper if you go to her house or know that you work in a salon and want it cheaper. Seems odd your a professional why should the price change wheher your at a soon or in her house its you thats gong out of your way?

She thinks it will cost less, need to work out how much to charge soon as she's just messaged me, aaaahh I'm so bad when it comes to talking about money haha x

Just wondered what your employment situation is? Do they mind you doing salon clients at home and make sure you have done relevant skin tests of your own and have insurance. :) other than that, why should you be cheaper?

She thinks it will cost less, need to work out how much to charge soon as she's just messaged me, aaaahh I'm so bad when it comes to talking about money haha x

Your too nice hun dont barter with a customer you always take pride in what you do its evident in all your posts as for work if you rent a chair its fine if your on a split its ok if your self employed if your on a wage its not a good idea. If your employed and that customer comes to you in the salon there would normally be a clause in your contract as its the salons business and your also a risk with data protection if your found to have customer details etc the salon can be fined and you could be sacked. Just depends on the sort of salon if its a regis saks etc it could result in a disciplinary it just depends on your contract normally there would be a radius clause etc. Just depends on the terms of your employment contract. Iv known people get sacked for this.

My half a head of h/l are £50
My full head tint is £40
I'd charge for the half head foils then half the amount you would charge for a full head tint so my charge for this would be £70 hth that's no cut & blow dry included its upto you of you want to include that but I don't it's a extra £25 for cut & blow dry for me x

Oh no it's not a client from the salon that I work at she's sort of a friend who only gets in contact when she wants something I think i will charge her 50 quid that's like more than off if she came to the salon thankyou all for all your help, have used Aveda for ages and it's letter based so need to get my colour notes out for wella I get so confused with the numbers for the tones x

Latest posts

Back