Home Perm Kits?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarPlum

Reaction score
Hi,

I have shoulder length hair and am wanting to perm it.

It's poker straight. I can wash it, scrunch it and it looks wavy but as soon as it dries it sticks out everywhere and looks absolutely awful.

I'm looking for a perm that will give me gentle waves and not curls and just want to wash it and leave it.

I would be really grateful if anyone could recommend a home perm kit please?

I just looked on the Boots website but they don't seem to sell any :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

Sugar Plum :)

Hi,

I have shoulder length hair and am wanting to perm it.

It's poker straight. I can wash it, scrunch it and it looks wavy but as soon as it dries it sticks out everywhere and looks absolutely awful.

I'm looking for a perm that will give me gentle waves and not curls and just want to wash it and leave it.

I would be really grateful if anyone could recommend a home perm kit please?

I just looked on the Boots website but they don't seem to sell any :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

Sugar Plum :)

Hi I think you already asked us about home perms , :hug: here is the link
http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/86501-home-perms.html

Hi, I am not going to recommend you a home perm, because unless you are a hairdresser, it is alkaline you want to put on your hair, and unless a professional has had a look at your hair and assessed it propally, you might cause a permanent damage on your hair.
If you want to have a big bouncy perm, you could use bendies to do a perm. There are lots of different type of curlers available, and a perm as we remember it from 80's, has changed.
To get a wavy curl, you need to use big curlers, I have noticed that bendies work for me.
Go and browse good hairdressers around. If you want to have a fantastic looking hair, then you need to spend a little bit more money, but then that is the name of the game.
I would look into a salon, who have a good artistic reputation as they are not scared of experimenting with things and are likely to have a good knowledge of what is working and what is not.
Select a picture that you like and ask them, can you do this for me?
Please let us know how you get on and pics would be great.
If you can get your hands on the dvd called take a perm fear factor challenge, have a look at that and get some inspiration. You can also visite www.zotos.com

As minky has already said, you have asked us before and the answers remain the same,

perms aren't something to be doing on your own hair, nobody is going to be recommending you a DIY anything on here, this isn't what this site is for.

I suggest you go to the hairdressers and have a consultation for what is a professional, technical service

hth's

This is the 3rd time you have started a thread with this question

I think you would be best to go to a professional.

Latest posts

Back