Home salon considerations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle Fleur

Reaction score
I'm wanting to move into a home salon (beauty) situation, and am wondering if any home therapists work from apartments. Most buildings in my area have security intercoms and I'm unsure if this could be off-putting for clients. Also, I'm a renter. How do people get around things like carpeted floors etc in rented properties? I've fantasised about laying down temporary flooring in my dream scenario but I imagine this would be impractical and also expensive.

How do you manage your home salon room, and do you have any additional tips for renters and/or apartment set ups?

Thank you so much x

Have you checked with your landlord that you're able to work from home?

Yes, that's all fine. :)

I think the intercom system is good because it will give you better personal security. Just explain it to the clients when they book.

I work from home and I have carpet in my treatment room. I use roll on wax so no mess from that. I Hoover regularly to pick up the fluff, nail bits etc but no more often than if you had to sweep a hard floor .

You can get heavy plastic carpet protector runners which are great for any waxing concerns. They clean up well with wax remover products.

I've set up a home salon in my apartment and it's fine! I just explain that to clients when they book! Also I put down hard wood flooring and it didn't work out that expensive just got some nice White cheapish stuff from b&q and it's been perfect! Good luck your going to love it x

When I rented and worked from home the landlord said it was fine but it stated in our rental agreement and land lord insurance policy that no business can be ran for the property. I did it on the sly until we bought. Check insurance policy x

Latest posts

Back