Home salon & insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moanie

Reaction score
Hi, this is a question for folks with a home salon or mobile.
If you are running your business from home with a room set up as a salon, have you told your household insurers about it.

Mobile folk, have you told your motor insurance that you use your car for business purposes?

Reason I am asking is because I am just re-newing both & didn't realise that this was a requirement. i just thought I was covered on my beauty insurance.

Mobile folk, have you told your motor insurance that you use your car for business purposes?

I will be starting out as a mobile in the summer and I will definately be informing my insurers. I would hate to have a claim refused because of non-disclosure. If in doubt ask!! That way you know you're covered.

hth :hug:

Some home insurers won't cover you if you are working from home, this did come up before and there was a thread with the companies that didn't.

We have our home insurance with MoreThan who are happy to cover us.

With your car insurance you will only be covered for accidents during your journeys not for your stock if it's stolen from the car, so read the small print very carefully.

If you're working from home you also need to let your mortgage provider/landlord know.

Good luck with your new business :hug:

Mobile folk, have you told your motor insurance that you use your car for business purposes? Yes I have and believe it is necessary, although it will not usually cover you if you leave your kit in the car when you are not in the car yourself, ie theft. But will cover you for things like spillages, breakages etc say you were involved in an accident.
It's is worthwhile doing and to be honest really doesn't cost that much more.

Reason I am asking is because I am just re-newing both & didn't realise that this was a requirement. i just thought I was covered on my beauty insurance.
Hope this helps! :)

Latest posts

Back