Home salon/Log Cabins how do they work for you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodipodi

Reaction score
For those of you who work from home or cabin/outhouse Id love to know how you started and how it suits you.
Did you do your training and start from scratch as a home based salon or did you do some shop work to gain experience first?
How do you advertise-do you use your address on flyers or simply your telephone number?
Have you tried both ways of working ie home and other salon / mobile-how does it compare?
If you have a cabin are you in a high income area or a majority council/housing assosciation area and do you think this affects anything?
Did it work as a good starting point to gradually build your business with low risk/overheads?
What do your clients think?
Would love to hear all your experiences with this thanks peeps xxx:green:

Hello Jodi

I have a room at the end of the garage, it overlooks the garden and has its own patio. I have decorated it and its got a toilet, sink with hot and cold water. The room was finished at the end of September sadly when the "credit crunch" just started. I am really struggling getting clients. I get group bookings for people staying in cottages, but they come from London area and I am based in Derbyshire so they only come once.

I have advertised on Google maps, got free listings all over the net. It will be hand outs next and if all else fails an ad in the local paper.

Would love to know what other therapists are doing to overcome the struggle.

Sorry chic, that sort of went off on a tangent, hope it helps though.

Thanks for replying hun, sorry that youre finding it a struggle its so hard isnt it, Im the same-cant give them away at the minute! xx

Latest posts

Back