Home salon prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellybun

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering out of those that have a home salon are your prices slightly cheaper than a normal salon due to not having so many overheads & mobile therapists. As am relatively new & quiet I keep wondering if maybe I shouldn't be as expensive I know I've got all the training & use good quality products so I should be. My prices are competitive of those surrounding me

Hi, just wondering out of those that have a home salon are your prices slightly cheaper than a normal salon due to not having so many overheads & mobile therapists. As am relatively new & quiet I keep wondering if maybe I shouldn't be as expensive I know I've got all the training & use good quality products so I should be. My prices are competitive of those surrounding me

I work from home and my prices are a little cheaper than a salon price. We are in military housing so lots of competition round here with other women offering beauty. However I'm not the cheapest, I charge what I think I'm worth, and I'm so so busy. It takes a good few months though, stick to your guns and don't change your prices.
Just make sure you work out your product costs, also take into account more electricity costs. Good luck! X

Thanks for your reply, im waiting on a few company's to give me what it costs to do a treatment to see if maybe I can adjust a few. I just find it hard against the ones that charge silly prices for treatments they always get bookings

I work from home too - but I'm not cheaper than the local salons. My training is the same, I have high quality products, towels, couch, insurance, car parking, disabled toilet, disabled access, no pets, refreshements, text appointments, a private room, use of a lovely clean toilet with fresh towels, a reception area to sit and drink.

Why would I need to be cheaper - I still pay insurance, light, heat, power, rates etc the same as high street - I still have to pay for advertising, a website, business cards, a phone etc.

Just my opinion
Carolynn

I work from home and I charge more than some salons. I based my prices on the kind of client I want to attract and the fact that I am offering a high quality service rather than overheads.

personally I think you need to be cheaper than salons but also dearer than mobile hairdressers, (you will still have you electricity etc to pay) you need to find the inbetween.
As for you being new and quiet - everyone is to begin with. I would set the price list as how you want it when you pick up because one thing I do know is clients don't like price increases. You are better starting how you mean to go on and having a promotion on for your first month to bring them in like a "introductory offer" of maybe 15% off.
That way they know that price is temporary and are expecting the increase after the set time of the offer

Latest posts

Back