Home Salon - Spare Bedroom?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passionate

Reaction score
I am thinking of setting up at home, I do have a garage that could be converted but dont have the money to do this at the moment so was thinking of using my spare bedroom. I would use it just for this but my main concern is there is no hallway to my stairs its in the door,it's through the main sitting room and up the stairs, would there be a problem with insurance and does anyone else have a home salon in their spare bedroom?

Hiya,

I have gone from being mobile to now having my home salon in my spare bedroom. It is great and looks lovely. All my clients love it and find it very relaxing day-dreaming out of the window.

To get to the room my clients also have to walk through my living area. When I informed my insurance company I would be setting up my salon in my house there was no extra charge and they said I was actually already covered anyway.

Hope this helps.

Michelle x

Hi, check with the council that they will allow you to run your business from home - that is the first step.

Risk Assessments will need to be undertaken too.

Speak to your household contents insurers again on the same lines as before and finally organise insurance for the business. Our Freelance policy covers Home Salons and can be extended to include equipment/ stock and money.
Freelance Hair & Beauty Insurance

Good luck with everything

thanks for your help! :)

Latest posts

Back