Home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlea79

Reaction score
I potentially have a small space at home that I could covert to do nails. Currently I am mainly mobile but do get people asking if they can come to mine. The space has a separate entrance and is 1.4m x 1.8m. Do u think this is possible? Anyone else have small setup. Pics would be great. Dont want to outlay the money doing it up if its not going to be usable x The other alternative is a small setup in my lounge?

In addition to all the main rules we have, our only other rule is that a home salon MUST have a separate entrance and its own bathroom.

I can do it in my kitchen if I want, as long as I prove to the inspectors the clients come in this door and use this bathroom. And if I had a spare 3rd door/bath, I would totally do it.

I potentially have a small space at home that I could covert to do nails. Currently I am mainly mobile but do get people asking if they can come to mine. The space has a separate entrance and is 1.4m x 1.8m. Do u think this is possible? Anyone else have small setup. Pics would be great. Dont want to outlay the money doing it up if its not going to be usable x The other alternative is a small setup in my lounge?

Yes I don't see why not, as long as you can provide a WC and means of exit/entrance. I've worked from home years ago, I had a spare bedroom set up (6x8ft approx) I had my couch, Trolley and nail desk/ chairs, they used the main bathroom, and came in/out via my front door - if I had a client early then they sat in the lounge to wait with a drink. I actually loved working from home. X

Any of you with home salons in a multi-purpose room (kitchen/dinning room) have to pay business rates? X

Any of you with home salons in a multi-purpose room (kitchen/dinning room) have to pay business rates? X

It depends on the size of the space used for the business. The Inspector came along measured me up...well the room....and then I paid business rates accordingly. Then they changed the rules for the size and as I was then told by letter as my room under the minimum size for a business rates to be applied I didn't have to pay and still don't.

I have a toilet in my house and the room Is attached so is that allowed?

I have a toilet in my house and the room Is attached so is that allowed?

how do you mean the room is attached. If you mean the loo is next to the room then thats fine. Just contact the Council they will tell you over the phone their requirements probably. Or look on the website they might have some info there

The door to the room is next to the front door but my toilet is just inside the front door. If that makes sense?

Check with your governing body. I know for us, the bathroom must be in the room we intend to use and the door to said room can not be the main door. Our "office" must have it's on entrance AND toilet/sink. I don't know if that's similar to what you are saying or not.

The door to the room is next to the front door but my toilet is just inside the front door. If that makes sense?

Do check with the Council I bet it will be fine

Check with your local council to see what, if any, regulations they have. I use my dining room as a treatment room and my council isn't interested :)

Latest posts

Back