Home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tajray77

Reaction score
Hi all . I'm looking for advice. (I'm currently mobile). Wanting to run a hair salon from my extension. Who do I need to inform please? I've looked online but nothing specific showing up . Thank you x

You need to contact your local council to see if you need planning from working from your home, I didn't but every council is different, also you will need to inform your current house insurance of that too. Also I don't think you can do it from rented accommodation but you'd have to check with landlord x

Thank you for that. Is that all? Thought it would be far more complicated. I have public liability insurance already... Is it a small fortune in insurances ? I'm trying to see if its worth while as i don't charge my clients much. Thank you so much for yoir help x

Thank you for that. Is that all? Thought it would be far more complicated. I have public liability insurance already... Is it a small fortune in insurances ? I'm trying to see if its worth while as i don't charge my clients much. Thank you so much for yoir help x
P.s it's my own home with room for parking x

It depends how far you want to go with it, I wanted mine to be a salon at home not just a converted shed, i have all the equipment a salon would have and stock as I want my clients to use professional products, that's where the money goes. My house insurance went up and you need to be covered for slips and trips which was £150 I think? Plus your own liability insurance, if you play music/radio that's £171 a year, if you want staff you deffo need planning permission. If your local council want you to have planning permission that can be quite pricey and time consuming but once it's done it's done. I also have a toilet and kitchen in mine to stop ppl from going in my house (I am not tidy enough!! Lol) so plumbing is a cost... everything in salon needs to be pat tested once a year or insurance is invalid, I think that's it. Salon equipment is quite pricey too, realistically your probably looking at 10k to get everything you need and decor etc xx

It depends how far you want to go with it, I wanted mine to be a salon at home not just a converted shed, i have all the equipment a salon would have and stock as I want my clients to use professional products, that's where the money goes. My house insurance went up and you need to be covered for slips and trips which was £150 I think? Plus your own liability insurance, if you play music/radio that's £171 a year, if you want staff you deffo need planning permission. If your local council want you to have planning permission that can be quite pricey and time consuming but once it's done it's done. I also have a toilet and kitchen in mine to stop ppl from going in my house (I am not tidy enough!! Lol) so plumbing is a cost... everything in salon needs to be pat tested once a year or insurance is invalid, I think that's it. Salon equipment is quite pricey too, realistically your probably looking at 10k to get everything you need and decor etc xx
Someone has given me all their old salon equipment ( wah basin, chair, mirror, station ) I've got a spare room in my extension. Thank you for your help. I'm very grateful x

You're welcome, would be lovely to see a pic once your set up, good luck xx

Latest posts

Back