Home set up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmasam123

Reaction score
I’m thinking about going mobile/at home salon maybe? Only problem is I have a small flat only two bedroom is doing treatments in my from room ok or is that to unprofessional? Would keeping to mobile be best?

You will need to check with either your home insurance or landlord to see if permission will be given for the working from home idea.

I work from home, I do just 4 mobile clients and I find them a real pain in the backside because being set up at home means I always forget something!
I am Mrs forgetful and I prefer my home salon.

However covid 19 makes me think "Where do I go from here?" Home is sanctuary , but will it continue to be so ?
Such a worry , but good luck to you.

I’m thinking about going mobile/at home salon maybe? Only problem is I have a small flat only two bedroom is doing treatments in my from room ok or is that to unprofessional? Would keeping to mobile be best?

I work from home and use a upstairs spare bedroom which I have transformed into a home spa. Just ensure it doesn't look like a spare room, so remove all the furniture and set it up to look like a home salon/spa,

I own my home, but still needed permission from the council (which was easy but took 1 month from applying) and the lease holder (I own my home but it's leasehold not freehold), which again was easy as only using 1 room for business. That was a phonecall, and a letter of approval within the week.

I prefer working from home, clients like it too. And I wish I could show you my tax return to show how much money in expenses I have saved from renting from others and doing mobile, to just now working from home. It's definitely the best decision I made, the only downside is I do miss working with others, I can at times feel a little isolated.

I work from home and use a upstairs spare bedroom which I have transformed into a home spa. Just ensure it doesn't look like a spare room, so remove all the furniture and set it up to look like a home salon/spa,

I own my home, but still needed permission from the council (which was easy but took 1 month from applying) and the lease holder (I own my home but it's leasehold not freehold), which again was easy as only using 1 room for business. That was a phonecall, and a letter of approval within the week.

I prefer working from home, clients like it too. And I wish I could show you my tax return to show how much money in expenses I have saved from renting from others and doing mobile, to just now working from home. It's definitely the best decision I made, the only downside is I do miss working with others, I can at times feel a little isolated.

Hi emmasam123
Can i ask....i'm just about to set up working from home after 10 years of renting a commercial property...you mentioned permission from the council, did you have to fill out forms etc, it's just that i've looked on my local council website and it just says as long as my home is still primarily residential i don't need any permission to run a business from it?????
Thanks in advance for any advice you could offer.

Hi emmasam123
Can i ask....i'm just about to set up working from home after 10 years of renting a commercial property...you mentioned permission from the council, did you have to fill out forms etc, it's just that i've looked on my local council website and it just says as long as my home is still primarily residential i don't need any permission to run a business from it?????
It varies from council to council so worth calling them and trying to get something in writing.
You also need permission from your mortgage provider (assuming you have one).

Hi emmasam123
Thank you!

Hi emmasam123

My council is the same

Can I ask does anyone know of have an idea even of what might happen for us mobile therapists going back to work after covid? Will we have to wait longer than the salons etc?

Latest posts

Back