Home Shellac kits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madam minx

Reaction score
I've just read a post on my salon facebook it's made me so cross.
A lady status says "don't you hate it when you paint your nails and you need the loo"
Perfect chance for me to educate her on the benefits of shellac, so I go to write in her comments. And find that someone else has written "you need to invest in a shellac home kit, it does mess your nails up tho as you just peel it off"
Ahhh I'm so cross now 3 people have asked how much she paid for the kit as they would like to buy one.
What do I do shall I comment or not ?

If is on your salon facebook, I'd either delete explaining you don't promote non professional products

Or delete comments about home shellac and then explain about how CND shellac for professional nail techs works and how doesn't damage the nails or require "peeling off"

Or delete it all and ignore.

Say as a professional you do not advocate the use of professional only products by unqualified and uninsured people, and ask that the information is not shared on your page.

If she ignores you ban her!

I may be wrong but I think it is on the OP's news feed not on her wall/page.

Id either ignore it, or state you offer the official CND shellac, when applied & removed professionally there is no damage to your natural nail just Perfect looking nails with no drying time. & unless you are ambidextrous no difficulties applying to your dominant hand.

Id also like to see their right hand... 😣 i do my own gel, I am a professional, & it takes me twice as long as I have to do one hand at a time, & im right handed so my right hand is always trickier to do.

Ive got a 'facebook friend' who has bought a kit from tesco & is advertising 'shellac' nails £10, hands & toes £15. I know this as she put a status when she bought it! She's a family friends daughter & hasnt done a course. She is being tagged in photos left right & centre & the work is awful. So I just took a deep breath & ignored it.

Xx

Yes that's right it was on my newsfeed just makes me so cross, think I'm going to have to just suck it up and ignore it. Thank you all for replying xx

I've had that on my news feed ..... I know it really gets me angry but there is so much of it about but don't worry they will come running when it goes wrong 😄x

I hate home kits, waxing = bruises, selfie nails= oh acrylic/gel/shellac ruined my natural nails, IPL home kits= IPL doesn't work or I got burns but it is the nature of the beast.... Sigh

Latest posts

Back