home work help please..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkiessfingers

Reaction score
Hi every one. on Tuesday i have the next vctc exam and i cant seem to keep any thing in my brain. how can i get to get the onycholysis and the rest of them on my brain. theres 12 to learn. Ive written them typed them and still cant contact them with the meanings. this is a 100% exam again..:eek: :confused: :mad: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek:

try and list them and get things that will jog your memory - eg. onycholysis - on the nail, light bits LOL

I aways find for exams reading things over is not enough for me so I write notes, then i write notes on these notes, then again on these notes etc etc until I feel it is going in.

Take all your books, write some initial revision notes, read through them a couple of times, condense them down by writing just the main points or just headings or any word that will jog your memory, then read through these a few times, speak them out loud, get someone to question you....it all helps :)

Its A Worry As They Like To Pressure You By Getting A 100%. In The Last Test I Had 3 Wrong. We Can Do It Again But Its All A Delay.
For A 14 Week Course. Thank You My Sons Got Pterygium Excessive Cuticles Hehehe Bless Him.

THANK YOU.:hug:

What are the 12 things you need to learn? When I was in school I would always play a game to help me remember definitions when it was time for an exam.

onyx is the technical name for nail.
onycho means its some type of abnormality/disorder/disease related to the nail. This word can be in the front or back. if you look at the name and seprate it you can figure out the meaning.

for example onychocyanosis - I look at the word and see cyan. We all know that cyan is blue. So basically onychocyanosis is a blue fingernail from poor blood circulation.

onychophagy - When I see the word chop then I think of a person choping/chomping on their nails with their teeth. It means bitten nails.

onychocryptosis - A very ingrown toenail will make you cry lol :cry:

hope this helps you out in some way :)

I find writing it out, then typing it up and then reading and reading and making more notes work.
I then try and associate pictures to the words to help me remember and breaking down the words and learning them bit by bit.
I then type up test papers and answer them over and over again, after all this I get my hubbie to test me.
I have one rule though no studying on test day, otherwise I will panick if I dont remember something.
I've done all of my exams, I had 3 results of 100% and 2 at 96% and I think one at about 76% but that was my first test.

Has the VTCT nail tech exam changed yet again?? I did mine last June and it was a 26 question multiple choice exam, and we never needed 100%.

I find that reading through my notes/books then writing it down then doing it again does the job, It seems to stick in my mind that way. I also have my VTCT exam in June, I am slightly nervous and busy revising too! I believe that it's still multiple choice which doesn't make it so bad!!
Good Luck!!!

Suzy Q said:
Has the VTCT nail tech exam changed yet again?? I did mine last June and it was a 26 question multiple choice exam, and we never needed 100%.

I did my exam in March and I got 86%. I think you needed over 60% to pass, not that sure!

you can sit oral questions in the exam so whats the biggie you aint guna fail totally if you dont have 100%

Latest posts

Back