Homemade wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popart

Reaction score
Hey geeks. Seen tutorials to making ur own sugar and honey wax. I tried it last night and must say it was fun but an absolute disaster, its just like honey. I def went wrong somewhere lol.

Has anyone tried making this wax before or even any of their own products?

I've made soap / lip balm / bath & body stuff, but no I don't think I'd attempt wax.

I love my perron wax too much.

Yeah I'm the same but thought i would give it ago. Have u ever used sugar wax?

Yeah I'm the same but thought i would give it ago. Have u ever used sugar wax?
We had to use it in college for one assessment, but it was literally a strip on a leg. I didn't rate it.

hi popart,
i do my own sugar wax but i don't use honey. it might be that you didn't let it simmer enough. what i do to test it is ready is have a plate with a little bit of cold water and drop small drops of the stuff. it cools it quickly and you can then take in your hand and test it. hope this helpsxx

I think to get great results it is better sticking to the professional brands... We love Perron Rigot too much to ever give it up and I imagine that with making the waxes yourself the results can be inconsistent and can be damaging to your client base if one session they get a great wax and the next they don't.;)

Latest posts

Back